Job Description & Requirements
Academic General Anesthesiology Physician in California
The UC Irvine Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Care is seeking anesthesiologists with expertise and training in multiple specialties. The largest need is for general anesthesiologists including those with expertise, interest, or fellowship training in neuroanesthesia, regional & acute pain, pediatric, or obstetric anesthesia.About UCI Medical Center
UCI Medical Center is rated among the nation's best hospitals by US News & World Report
— for the 20th consecutive year. Offering nationally ranked programs in gynecology, urology, nephrology, and geriatric medicine, the medical center is a 417-bed acute care hospital providing tertiary and quaternary care, ambulatory and specialty medical, behavioral health, and rehabilitation services. It is the primary teaching location for UCI School of Medicine and home to Orange County's only:
- Level I adult and Level II pediatric trauma center
- National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center – Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Modern acute care hospital
Community Information—Live and Work in Orange County, California!
- Immediate leadership opportunities in Cardiac and Obstetric anesthesiology
- Opportunities for mentorship, career advancement, research, and other scholarly endeavors
- Join a robust and growing program on the cusp of expansion into Irvine, California.
- Provide care for a wide range of complex and routine cases.
- Enjoy working in an academic teaching setting with medical students, residents, and fellows
- Competitive compensation with the ability to earn more pay for extra shifts
- Excellent benefits package, including retirement matching, parental leave, malpractice coverage, and relocation assistance
Located in the heart of Orange County, this beautiful area offers historic homes and safe neighborhoods. Enjoy historic Old Towne, with antique shops, excellent restaurants, bars, tearooms, and more. Whether you're seeking exciting adventure in the beautiful surroundings or peace and relaxation, you'll enjoy an incomparable quality of life in this sought-after location in Southern California.
- Live downtown, near the beach, or in community-oriented suburbs
- Some of the top public and private schools in the state
- Filled with cultural diversity, world-class shopping and dining, sports and entertainment options
- Ideal weather and consistent sunshine year-round, allow for an abundance of outdoor recreation, including plenty of beach activities
- Plenty of nearby family-friendly attractions, such as Disneyland, Angels Stadium, and Knott's Berry Farm.
- Close to LA, including Universal Studios and Hollywood, and San Diego, with world-famous beaches, surfing, the San Diego Zoo, and much more
BE or BC in General Anesthesiology
Additional fellowship training is also acceptableAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Anesthesiologist, Anesthesiology, Anesthesia, Physician, Healthcare, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Perioperative Medicine, Perioperative, Md, ANES