ID#: 1399358 Hiring Department:
Hematology Oncology Job Type:
To support its thriving clinical service, the Cancer Center
at Tufts Medicine Lowell General Hospital in Lowell, Massachusetts
is seeking a full-time Medical Director. Why join our team:
Tufts Medicine Lowell General Hospital is dedicated to caring for cancer patients and families close to home. From educational events, community health screenings, celebrations of survivorship, integrative therapies to support emotional wellbeing, and Lowell General Hospital's annual TeamWalk for CancerCare fundraiser, we aim to treat the whole person no matter where they are in their cancer journey.
With cutting edge technology, expertly trained oncologists and surgeons, and access to promising trials, the professionals at Lowell General Hospital offer Complete connected cancer care.How you will transform patient care:
Who you are:
- You will oversee the clinical activities of the Center in the areas of medical and surgical oncology and hematology.
- You will work directly with the Tufts Medicine Oncology Service Line Physician Leader to set the vision and strategy for the oncology service line and the Cancer Center at Lowell General Hospital (the "Center").
- Subject to the Center's budget as approved by the Hospital and coordinated with the Tufts Medicine Oncology Service Line Leader, you will design, develop and implement clinical programs geared to providing clinical services through the Center in an efficient, effective, economic and practical manner.
- You will be responsible for coordinating the clinical and research relationships between the Hospital and the Tertiary Affiliates with regard to activities of the Center.
- You will cooperate with the Tertiary Affiliates in the design and implementation of clinical trials undertaken at the Center in conjunction with the Tertiary Affiliates.
- Provide the necessary leadership, direction and support to maintain and enhance the Center's quality of care by overseeing effective implementation of the Hospital's quality plans as they affect the Center in compliance with all applicable licensure, accreditation and third-party payor standards.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief of Radiation Oncology to help drive strategy and growth of service line.
How to apply:
- Board Certified in Hematology Oncology
- 5 years or more of clinical experience
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Eligible for license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current certification in CPR required
- Excellent communicator
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with stakeholders from across the Tufts Medicine System
- Lead by example
You can submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing.
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications applying with us, please feel free to reach out to Anny Hamshaw, Physician Recruitment.Work, Live, and Grow
: We strive to maintain an inclusive work environment for all our employees. We offer a competitive salary with competitive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, and more. Why Tufts Medicine
: At Tufts Medicine, we bring together exceptional, value-driven providers who are setting a new standard for health care in Massachusetts. Our distributed academic model and highly inclusive culture promotes an evolving health system while providing frictionless care to our patients. Simply stated, Tufts Medicine takes pride in providing the tools and technology it takes for our care teams to provide an unmatched experience.Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility:
We genuinely believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity.