Health Care Team- FAMILY MEDICINE PHYSICIAN – 61H
U.S. Army Medical Corps
PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN THE LIVES OF OUR NATION’S DEFENDERS
As a Family Medicine Physician on the U.S. Army health care team, you’ll help conserve the U.S. Army’s fighting strength during humanitarian missions, contingency operations, and peacetime. You will provide the highest-quality health care to Soldiers, family members, and other eligible beneficiaries, in both inpatient/outpatient environments and for both pre- and post-operative care. When you join the Army Medical Corps, you’ll be making a difference in the lives of our Soldiers and the country at large with a focus on patient care first. Additionally, you’ll gain access to invaluable opportunities like leadership training and a competitive benefit package. Join us and use your expertise to help expand the boundaries of family medicine alongside professionals who share your passion.
Benefits may include:
- Repayment of qualified education loans to lending institution (paid annually over a maximum of 3 years while serving)
- Based on your area of concentration, you may be eligible for an accessions bonus, paid over a four-year period while serving.
- No-cost or low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- 30 days of paid vacation earned annually
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Enrollment into the Uniformed Services Blended Retirement System
- Specialized training to become a leader in family medicine.
- Doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy degree from an accredited U.S. school of medicine or osteopathy; foreign graduates may apply with permanent certificate from the Educational Council of Foreign Medical Graduates
- Current license to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Eligibility for board certification
- Completion of at least one year of an approved graduate medical education internship
- Between 21 and 42 years of age (waivers granted on a case-by-case basis)
- U.S. citizenship
To learn more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/medical
SSG Wilnesa Crathers
U.S. Army 5th Medical Recruiting Battalion VRS
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (210) 426-6161