BEAUTIFUL, COASTAL VIRGINIA
RIVERSIDE HEALTH SYSTEM MISSION: To care for others as we would care for those we love.
Join us on the Chesapeake Bay coast of Virginia where sailing, fishing, championship golf, and outstanding schools are just part of the reason you should consider relocating to our community!
Practice Opportunity: Newport News
Riverside Health System’s Lifelong Health (LLH) division is seeking a Palliative Care Physician/Medical Director to work with our interdisciplinary team at Riverside Regional Medical Center. In this exciting collaborative leadership role for Riverside Health System, you would:
- Provide medical direction for an interdisciplinary palliative care consult team at Riverside Regional Medical Center, a 600-bed tertiary care hospital.
- Implement models of care within other hospitals, LLH facilities and outpatient services, including integration with Riverside Medical Group practices.
- Support development of palliative care protocols and pathways by working collaboratively with the Service Line Chief and RHS Physician and Nurse Leadership.
- Assist with recruitment of additional palliative care physicians and APPs.
- Enhance geriatric and palliative medicine education to attract medical students to Family Medicine and transitional residencies.
- BE/BC in Palliative Care required
- Part of the largest sub-specialty (Lifelong Health) in the Medical Group
- Monday-Friday only, with no weekends
- 12-14 patients a day, on average
- Oversee 3 Nurse Practitioners (offering home-based care)
- Medical Director role includes continuing to build the Palliative Care specialty
- 1 week of call every 2 months (telemedicine only)
- Guaranteed base salary with additional Medical Director stipend
- Worked RVU model
- Sign-on bonus
- Excellent benefits package
- Paid malpractice
- Relocation allowance
- 6-weeks PTO
- $3,500 CME allowance
- Riverside Health System is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, qualified for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Unable to support J1 visa providers
Lifestyle of the Virginia Peninsula (Yorktown-Hampton-Newport News-Williamsburg-Gloucester)
- Fish, sail, or water ski on the James River or the Chesapeake Bay.
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities as well as sophisticated dining and entertainment.
- Annual LPGA golf tournament attracts the top golfers in the world.
- 2 place in the United States to raise a family (Parenthood magazine).
- Multitude of outstanding educational options; including local colleges and universities.
- Advanced placement courses at all area high schools.
- 3 international baccalaureate programs, magnet school for science and technology, high school for the arts.
- Population/service area: 650,000; 45 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean, 70 minutes to Richmond, 3 hours to Washington, DC,and the Outer Banks, NC.
- Average home price: $197,000 with 4 beautiful seasons.
- Three airports to choose from.
You would be part of Riverside Medical Group (RMG), a 700+ provider multi-specialty clinical team that is the center of one of America’s strongest healthcare delivery organizations−Riverside Health System. Through its EPIC EMR system, RMG is able to provide safe, quality medical care for over 485,000 patients in 132 locations across the communities they serve.
Riverside Health System employs over 10,000 team members. Their flagship facility is Riverside Regional Medical Center (RRMC) located in Newport News, Virginia − a newly-renovated, state-of-the-art, 510-bed community hospital. Riverside supports four residency programs (Family, Emergency, OB/GYN, and TY) and features a robust ultrasound program and cutting-edge simulation lab. Their system is shaped by the integration of physicians at multiple levels and in pivotal leadership positions. Riverside recognizes that strong, fully-engaged doctors are the key to their ongoing success. With a long-standing commitment to physician leadership, Riverside is a system that is well-prepared to help you face the challenging growth of healthcare demands.
Learn more about Riverside Health System: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBTUI9Js1xY
For more information, please contact:
Riverside Health System