Complex Patient Populations
$302,424 - $317,556 annual salary (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$287,268 - $301,656 annual salary (Lifetime Board Certified)
$272,184 - $285,804 annual salary (Pre-Board Certified)
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking a physician with a desire to help shape and enhance the delivery of medical care to clinically complex patients within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitations’ (CDCR) correctional institutions. In addition to a CA medical license, you must possess an X-Waiver (or ability to attain within 14 days of hire).
Under the general direction of the Deputy Medical Executive for the Complex Patient Populations, you will:
- Serve as a clinical subject matter expert that develops and updates evidence-based guidelines and tools, continues medical education activities, and clinical policies and procedures related to providing care to patients with complex needs
- Develop programs designed to identify, treat, and monitor complex patient populations
- Support statewide quality improvement activities including developing clinical toolkits and educating institution-based providers in utilizing the toolkits to provide value-based patient care
- Serve as a clinical consultant on projects and perform clinical practice and mortality reviews as needed
- Travel to CDCR correctional institutions throughout California
In return for your efforts, we offer a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek Generous paid time off and holiday schedule State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas) Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans (tax defer up to $41,000 - $54,000 per year) Paid Insurance, license, and DEA renewal Visa sponsorship opportunities Relocation assistance for those new to state service And much more
This distinctive opportunity is based at CCHCS’ comfortable and modern campus-style headquarters office in Elk Grove, located approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento.
Take the first step in joining our team and submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov
or contact us at (877) 793-4473.
To apply online, please visit https://cchcs.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5997515&user_id=