University of Kentucky seeks an Assistant Professor of Neurology in Lexington, KY to provide direct or consultative neuromuscular neurological care for patients (adults and/or children) with complex neuromuscular illness in the Department’s outpatient clinics, including our ALS Association certified Treatment Center of Excellence, and/or outreach clinics from 4-5 half days per week.
Faculty member will also staff the Clinical Neurophysiology lab 2-3 half days per week and provide inpatient service. Will attend on the adult Neurology inpatient ward and/or consultative services from 4-6 weeks per year and/or provide coverage for other faculty in addition to providing subspecialty Neuromuscular Medicine consultative inpatient services.
Responsibilities in the outpatient clinics may be adjusted when attending physician on the inpatient services.
- Provide supervision for residents and medical students in all clinical settings (inpatient and outpatient) including supervision of 6-8 half day clinics per year as attending for the outpatient resident clinic.
- Perform didactic lectures in a classroom setting.
- Participation in clinical, research and other administrative activities.
- Serve on appropriate Department, College, Hospital or University committees.
- This position requires a M.D., D.O. or foreign equivalent, completion of Neuromuscular Medicine Fellowship, board eligible/board certified in Neurology, board eligible/board certified in Neuromuscular Medicine, eligible for Kentucky State Medical License.
- Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
- Given the COVID-19 pandemic, and the need to protect our university community including our students, staff, faculty and visitors, the University of Kentucky is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires prior to starting employment. Therefore, as of October 18, 2021, all new hires prior to their first day of employment must submit appropriate documentation showing,
- i) completion of the first vaccination against COVID-19, or ii) completion of the full vaccination series against COVID-19, or iii) approved exemption (medical contraindications or a sincerely held religious belief) through the formal exemption process from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- For those employees who have completed the first vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, the second vaccination (if applicable) must be completed following the vaccination recommended schedule to be considered fully vaccinated.
- Travel to multiple worksites in Fayette County, KY, Franklin County, KY and Rockcastle County, KY.
Qualified candidates submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org