University of Kentucky seeks an Assistant Professor of Medicine/Interventional Cardiologist in Lexington, KY to function as a full-time member of the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine.
- Participate actively in the academic program of the division by sharing in teaching obligations of medical students, residents and fellows
- Perform didactic lectures in a classroom setting
- Provide clinical care for patients in ambulatory and hospital-based setting with outreach programs of the Linda and Jack Gill Heart Institute
- Support and participate in clinical trial research.
- This position requires a M.D., D.O. or foreign equivalent, board certified in Internal Medicine, board eligible/board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, board eligible/board certified in Interventional Cardiology, eligible for Kentucky State Medical License.
- Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
- Given the COVID-19 pandemic, and the need to protect our university community including our students, staff, faculty and visitors, the University of Kentucky is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires prior to starting employment. Therefore, as of October 18, 2021, all new hires prior to their first day of employment must submit appropriate documentation showing:
- i) completion of the first vaccination against COVID-19, or ii) completion of the full vaccination series against COVID-19, or iii) approved exemption (medical contraindications or a sincerely held religious belief) through the formal exemption process from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- For those employees who have completed the first vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, the second vaccination (if applicable) must be completed following the vaccination recommended schedule to be considered fully vaccinated.
- Travel to multiple worksites in Fayette County, KY, Franklin County, KY and Rockcastle County, KY.
Qualified candidates submit resumes to:firstname.lastname@example.org