University of Kentucky seeks an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics/Neonatologist in Lexington, KY to serve as an attending physician supervising clinical services within the neonatology department at UK Chandler Medical Center, Frankfort Medical Center and Baptist Health Corbin.
- Teaching activities will include contributing to the education of current and future physicians, Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) and nursing staff
- Develop a program for training faculty in POCUS and a curriculum specific for fellows to be competent in bedside point of care ultrasound
- Perform didactic lectures in a classroom setting
- Responsible for supervision of medical students and residents
- Required to attend or present at CME meetings, and have memberships in various hospital and or national organizations
- Research activities will include involvement or participation in clinical investigations/projects, publication, clinical studies, multi-center trials or funded projects.
- This position requires a M.D., D.O. or foreign equivalent, board eligible/board certified in Pediatrics, board eligible/board certified in Neonatology, eligible for Kentucky State Medical License.
- Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
- Given the COVID-19 pandemic, and the need to protect our university community including our students, staff, faculty and visitors, the University of Kentucky is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires prior to starting employment. Therefore, as of October 18, 2021, all new hires prior to their first day of employment must submit appropriate documentation showing:
- i) completion of the first vaccination against COVID-19, or ii) completion of the full vaccination series against COVID-19, or iii) approved exemption (medical contraindications or a sincerely held religious belief) through the formal exemption process from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- For those employees who have completed the first vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, the second vaccination (if applicable) must be completed following the vaccination recommended schedule to be considered fully vaccinated.
- Travel to multiple worksites in Fayette County, KY, Franklin County, KY and Whitley County, KY.
Qualified candidates submit resumes to: email@example.com