Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details: CHIEF of HOSPITAL MEDICINEHartford Hospital
is an 868-bed tertiary academic center and the flagship hospital for Hartford HealthCare
, a $4 billion health system and the second largest employer in CT. We seek a dynamic Hospital Medicine leader to provide clinical, academic and strategic direction for an expanding hospital medicine division. This position affords a clinically active and visionary leader the opportunity to set the future direction for the largest physician group in the system.
Reporting to the Chief of Medicine, The Chief of Hospital Medicine will establish a robust vision, develop, and execute strategy for the Division within the context of the overall goals of the Hospital and System including faculty engagement, recruitment/retention and participation in optimizing high value care provision. The Chief will manage the administrative and medical staff, as well as the scope and reach of the division. The Hospital Medicine division is integral to and highly collaborative with the University of Connecticut Internal Medicine residency program.
The successful candidate will be an innovative, collaborative BC/BE physician leader with a future oriented view of hospital medicine and clinical experience in providing high quality care to complex patients. In addition, s/he will possess qualifications for academic appointment at the University of Connecticut (assistant professor level or higher), and an interest in faculty development, medical education, and research. The next chief of hospital medicine at Hartford Hospital will:
- Engage an expanding group of more than 70 high performing physicians and advanced practitioners to optimize and transform the care we deliver
- Work closely and partner with engaged subspecialists, advanced practice providers, and nursing
- Increase Hospital Medicine scope and involvement in the IM Residency Program
- Have access to internal faculty development grants and robust research resources to support their own and faculty research interests and develop a niche in clinical investigation
- Develop leadership skills and development and promote faculty wellbeing through the respected HHC Provider Leadership Development Institute and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are located in one of New England's most stunning and desirable communities, offering nationally acclaimed schools and an impressive lifestyle. Choose to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
Applicants should remit a letter of interest and CV to Jonathan Nye, Physician Recruitment via email at email@example.com. For more information about Hartford HealthCare and our region, please visit www.hhccareers.org.Qualifications
Candidates must hold the degree of M.D. or D.O., be Board-certified in Internal Medicine andpossess qualifications for appointment to the University of Connecticut.