Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details: Psychiatrist - PHP/IOP ProgramHartford HealthCare's Groton and Old Saybrook locationsHartford HealthCare's Behavioral Health Network (HHC BHN),
the largest and most comprehensive behavioral health system in New England, has an opportunity available for a BE/BC Psychiatrist
to provide psychiatric services for adult and young adult patients for the partial hospitalization program, intensive outpatient program, and Suboxone clinic.Services will be provided at our Care Plus-Groton and Joshua Center Old Saybrook locations. Some highlights of this opportunity include:
About Hartford HealthCare's BHN:Hartford HealthCare's Behavioral Health Network (BHN
- Provide direct intensive patient services including diagnostic admission evaluations, psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy, as appropriate.
- Performs Medication Assisted Treatment for opiate dependent patients. Monitors Suboxone maintenance patients in the outpatient clinic.
- Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team and may act as a clinical team leader for the coordination and supervision of care provided across clinical disciplines.
- Provides guidance and leadership to other clinicians on the team in formulating and implementing the treatment plan.
- Monitor risk indicators and take action to address risk management issues in a timely manner
- Adheres to prescribing practices that are safe and evidence based.
- Acts as liaison and communicates effectively with outside providers, primary care physicians, schools and family members as needed.
- Participates in rotational medical and physician assistant student teaching.
- Participates in Medical Staff and Quality Committees as specified in Medical Staff regulations.
) is comprised of a world-class, collegial Psychiatry care team of local and national leaders in their fields. Many of our physicians have advanced sub-specialty training and are backed by a full team of interdisciplinary advanced practitioners, researchers, and social workers.
About Hartford HealthCare:
- In addition to an incredible variety of clinical opportunities, there are abundant opportunities to teach with a thriving Adult Residency and fellowships in Child, Consult-liaison, and Addiction Medicine; as well as to participate in research with the Olin Neuropsychiatric Research Center and elsewhere in the system.
- Most importantly, the BHN, which includes over 3000 colleagues in locations throughout the state, makes it easy to envision a career trajectory and provides many possibilities for leadership growth and development.
Hartford HealthCare is the most comprehensive, integrated health care system in CT that employs over2,500 providers
in over 400 practice locations
throughout Connecticut, seven acute care hospitals
including Hartford Hospital, one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
This offers MORE OPTIONS
to propel careers to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.Our location:
Connecticut is located within two hours of Boston and within an hour of New York City, and offers you and your family access to the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. Qualifications
- For additional information and 1:1 discussion:
Please contact: Samuel McNeil, Physician Recruiter, Samuel.McNeil@hhchealth.orgor call/text 860-637-5571.