Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details: Medical Director of Psychiatric Inpatient Services - Westport, CTHartford HealthCare's Behavioral Health Network (HHC BHN),
the largest and most integrated behavioral health system in New England, has a rewarding opportunity available for a BE / BC Psychiatrist
to join our cohesive multidisciplinary inpatient team at St. Vincent's Behavioral Health Services,
in Westport, CT
a 76 bed facility with a 16 bed C&A unit.Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- Reports to Department Chair
- Approximately 50% Clinical & 50% Administrative
- Management of day-to-day clinical services
- Supervising fulltime psychiatrists and moonlighting psychiatrists who will report directly to the Medical Director
- Working with leadership of other disciplines (nursing, social work, rehab therapy) to manage work flow and develop guidelines and protocols
- Liaising with leadership of other departments and with psychiatrists at other sites
- Teaching medical students (MS3s and MS4s) and psychiatric residents (PGY1s and PGY2s) with academic appointment at Quinnipiac University
- No clinical call; Q8wk administrative call
- Possibility to join faculty practice or do private practice on the side
- Competitive salary with additional bonus structure plus comprehensive benefits including low cost, high quality medical/dental, STD/LTD, matching 401(k), generous paid time off, CME, and more
- Work/Life balance a point of emphasis
St. Vincent's Behavioral Health service line includes our 76-bed Westport location where we have adult, dual diagnosis, and child/adolescent services, in addition to a 16-bed med/psych psychiatric unit at the Medical Center in Bridgeport. This makes the inpatient behavioral health service line of St. Vincent's one of the largest in Connecticut, serving approximately 2,350 individuals annually.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Behavioral Health Network at Hartford HealthCare.
The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Psychiatrists MORE OPPORTUNITY
as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS
to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of diversity, inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. Qualifications For additional information:E-mail Samuel McNeil, Physician Recruiter, Samuel.McNeil@hhchealth.orgor call/text 860-637-5571.