Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details: Trauma Acute Care Surgeon
The William H Backus hospital in Norwich CT (part of the Hartford HealthCare network) has an immediate opening for an Acute Care Surgeon. Backus hospital serves as the only ACS verified Trauma Center east of the Connecticut River and serves as the critical access hospital for this substantial population of 400,000 people.
We are growing an Acute Care Program at this level III trauma center and the eligible surgeon would actively participate in a "surgeon of the week" model to cover emergency surgery and trauma. Surgeon of the Week in-house responsibilities is M-F / 7a-4p. Call duties are shared by the Trauma surgeons and general surgeons and will be around 5 calls month. Night calls are 4p-7a. Average service census is 15 patients
We are in the process of establishing a formal Surgical ICU with 24/7 APP support, and have an eventual goal of achieving Level II Trauma Center status in the next few years.
- Candidates required to be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Surgical Critical Care
- Additional qualifications in Acute Care Surgery or Trauma, Chest wall injury, and Robotic surgery are welcomed but not required
- Teaching requirements to foster the growth of our PA program and teach PA students
- Opportunity to develop a PA residency, with potential plans to have medical students rotate on surgery and/or have an apprentice model surgical resident from UCONN
- Candidates should be comfortable managing complex acute care patients independently but will join a team of supportive and experienced surgeons
- Supported by 24/7 in-house Surgical PA coverage - 6 PA's during days and 1 PA during nights, 2 PA's weekend days and 1 PA weekend nights
There will be ample opportunity to grow an elective practice of your choosing and you will work with the ACS team and the Chair of Surgery, Dr Coletti, to develop your interests in endocrine, hernia and complex ab wall, foregut surgery or chest wall injury. Competitive salary and benefits area available to the enthusiastic surgeon who wants to join a well-supported program that is growing. For additional information and 1:1 discussion:
Please contact Clayton Tebbetts, Physician Recruiter, Hartford HealthCare
firstname.lastname@example.org or call / text- 860.249.6927Hartford HealthCare Benefits:
- Market-leading compensation and benefits and generous paid time off
- Paid CME time off plus CME budget, reimbursed professional licenses and dues
- Family care benefits through Care.com including emergency back-up care benefit for children, adults and even pets!
- Voluntary benefits include student loan programs, home, auto, renters insurance, identity theft protection, legal services, pet insurance and more!
Located on the Connecticut shore, Backus Hospital is strategically located approximately 35 miles from Hartford serving the health care needs of New London County and several surrounding counties. Backus Hospital is a 213-bed medical center established in 1893. Located in Eastern Connecticut along the Long Island Sound, Norwich, which is known as 'The Rose of New England', is a city in New London County with a metro population of roughly 275,000 residents. Norwich is located just 45 minutes from Hartford and under 2 hours from Boston and under 3 hours from New York City. Qualifications
Candidates required to be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Surgical Critical Care