Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
36 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details: Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare, the largest and most comprehensive healthcare system in Connecticut, has a new opportunity available for a BC / BE Emergency Medicine Physician
to join our cohesive team at The William W. Backus Hospital,
a 213-bed acute care community hospital with a 43 bed / 55,000+ visit Level 3 trauma center in Norwich, CT.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- Well balanced 10 hour shifts with a 2 hour overlap between physicians allowing ample time for safe patient disposition, documentation, and turnover
- Current opening is for (2) 0.9 FTE 36hr per week positions
- Full time night coverage in place, occasional night shifts (2-5 per year) with $300 night stipend
- A well-resourced trauma center, with an additional 22,000 visit stand-alone ED site located 15 minutes away in Plainfield, CT
- An efficient practice model which allows physicians more time with higher acuity patients
- 24hr in house surgery and anesthesia coverage. 24 hr on call interventional radiology, critical care and cardiology. 24 hour hospitalist coverage for admissions and rapid responses on all floors outside the ED.
- Professional, team oriented and democratic culture, with very low Provider turnover and steady growth over the past 25 years. Current job posting is for expansion of physician coverage.
- A stable and well tenured ED with efficient and responsive hospital administration
- Generous base salary with a market competitive incentive plan, paid vacation and CME time, CME stipend.
- Comprehensive benefits include low cost, high quality medical/dental, STD/LTD, generous retirement plan, 457(b), generous paid time off for vacation and CME.
- Fully integrated EPIC EMR system
- The William W. Backus Hospital is the only trauma center in Windham and New London Counties and houses one of Hartford HealthCare's LIFE STAR helicopters and aeromedical crew
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Emergency Medicine Team at Hartford HealthCare.
The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Emergency Medicine Physicians MORE OPPORTUNITY
as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS
to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of diversity, inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. Qualifications To put MORE GROWTH IN YOUR CAREER contact Samuel McNeil, Physician Recruiter, at Samuel.McNeil@hhchealth.org OR call/text 860-637-5571.