Job Description & Requirements
Medical Director - Autism & Neuro Development Disorders in Maryland
Sheppard Pratt – Be a part of the nation’s largest private, nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, special education, developmental disability, and social services.
Openings for: Medical Director, Autism and Intellectual Disabilities
Medical Director, Autism and Intellectual Disabilities
- The individual in this role will focus on providing visionary leadership for autism and intellectual disabilities across Sheppard Pratt’s large and growing array of services.
- Sheppard Pratt’s comprehensive continuum of programming in this sub-specialty area includes a comprehensive diagnostic center, highly specialized inpatient units, outpatient services, residential care, ongoing case management, and a dozen special education schools.
- As a fully integrated part of Sheppard Pratt, patients and clinicians in our programs have unparalleled access to our full range of world-class psychiatric care and resources.
- In addition to providing oversight and leadership for the autism and intellectual disabilities services across Sheppard Pratt’s continuum, the medical director will also provide clinical services, which can be in the setting most preferred by the candidate.
- Sheppard Pratt is the nation’s largest private, nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, special education, developmental disability, and social services, they are here to serve every need you have.
- Sheppard Pratt hosts more than 380 locations servicing 41 states and 21 countries. They proudly serve on average 70,000 people annually and offer more than 160 programs across 16 Maryland Counties.
- Named one of the nation’s top 10 psychiatric hospitals by U.S. News and World Report for 30 years, Sheppard Pratt has consistently ranked as a top national psychiatric hospital by U.S. News & World Report and their world-class investigators are changing lives daily, identifying new and effective ways to treat some of the most common mental illnesses.
- The Retreat at Sheppard Pratt provides expert psychiatric care and residential mental health services in a beautiful setting. At their highly personalized treatment program, experienced doctors lead every aspect of care, meaning the residents have the opportunity to make meaningful progress toward recovery. As a self-pay program, they have the freedom and flexibility to provide the personalized care needed for a lasting recovery.
- They make accessing life-changing care easy no matter where you live: whether you want to receive treatment in a hospital, in a school, in a community mental health clinic, or even in your home, they make it happen.
- The largest provider of nonpublic, special education programming in Maryland, with 12 special education residential and day schools with over 70,000 patients admitted every year.
About the Company
- Baltimore is the most populous city in the state of Maryland, as well as the 30th most populous city in the United States. It also serves as the second largest seaport in the Mid-Atlantic. All around, Baltimore has more than a dozen neighborhoods, all with a distinct local flavor.
- This East Coast city sits along the Chesapeake Bay, with the Appalachian Mountains to its West and is filled with lots of shopping, entertainment venues and parks.
- The city is home to the National Aquarium, Orioles baseball, Ravens football, waterfront restaurants, shopping, art galleries, and professional theaters. It’s even the birthplace of the National Anthem!
- Patapsco Valley State Park extends for 32 miles along the Patapsco River. With more than 16,000 acres of space, the park offers plenty to do, from swimming and hiking to horseback riding. There is also a thriving farm-to-table scene with area restaurants working in partnership with local growers.
- Baltimore is only 2 hours for Philly and 4 hours from NYC. Visitors can enjoy the varieties of aquatic creatures at National Aquarium, walk the historic grounds of Fort McHenry, and even catch a game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Within an hour are all the attractions of Washington, DC.
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Mental Illness, Physician, Healthcare, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor