Job Description & Requirements
Anesthesiologist in West Virginia
West Virginia University (WVU), ranked a Best College by US News & World Report
, is seeking anesthesiologists. The largest need is for anesthesiologists to join their multispecialty anesthesia division (neuroanesthesia, regional & acute pain, pediatric, obstetric). In addition to the multispecialty anesthesia division, there are also needs for those with critical care and cardiac fellowship training or expertise. Since 2016, WVU Health has undergone incredible growth, and the Department of Anesthesiology has been a major contributor.
The heart of the program, the J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, is a 700+ bed academic medical center, which is home to a Level 1 trauma center and Level 2 pediatric trauma center. The anesthesia team provides care for more than 43,000 procedures per year and rising.Opportunity Highlights
Community Highlights – Live in Highly Desirable Morgantown, West Virginia
- Excellent work-life balance – Unique schedule system that allows for no mandatory overnight call
- Opportunity to engage in innovative clinical and education research projects
- Contribute to the education of the next generation of anesthesiologists – faculty enjoy using their anesthesiologist-developed simulation center for all levels of training
- Immense support directly from the Chair and department leaders for career advancement into leadership and junior faculty mentorship
- Competitive salary starting at a higher scale than many academic programs plus excellent benefits package
Whether seeking peace and relaxation or adventure and excitement, you’ll love calling our fabulous location in West Virginia home. Vibrant and engaging communities with stunning views, our college community has all you need and more.
About the Company
- Overall grade of A and a best place to live in West Virginia (Niche)
- Very low cost of living with safe neighborhoods and little traffic
- Excellent public and private schools
- Breathtaking scenery all around and easy access to the Appalachian Mountains
- An abundance of outdoor activities, including golfing, whitewater rafting, hiking, biking, canoeing, and rock climbing
- A variety of unique and historic attractions, cultural experiences, charming shops, delicious local restaurants, gorgeous gardens, and parks
- Easy access to the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, and East Coast
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Anesthesiologist, Anesthesiology, Anesthesia, Physician, Healthcare, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Perioperative Medicine, Perioperative, Md, ANES