Job Description & Requirements
Academic Anesthesiologist in Wisconsin
The University of Wisconsin Department of Anesthesiology is seeking an anesthesiologist to join its robust team of more than 100 faculty members. This is a clinically focused role, and all levels of experience are encouraged to apply. Those with additional training or experience in neurologic, transplant, orthopedic, or regional anesthesia are also welcome. There are various leadership openings at different levels for qualified and experienced applicants.Opportunity Highlights
- Practice at the highly ranked University Hospital, a 505-bed quaternary hospital that is home to Level 1 adult and pediatric trauma centers, burn center, and transplant center.
- Join a high-functioning and collegial team of 16 anesthesiologists in the Division of Multispecialty Adult Anesthesia.
- Provide care for a wide range of both complex and routine cases. No expectation to do cardiac, complex thoracic, pediatrics, or OB cases.
- Work in an academic teaching setting with medical students, residents, fellows, and close collaboration with clinical anesthetists.
- Competitive compensation with ability to earn more for extra shifts.
- Outstanding benefits package includes retirement matching, parental leave, malpractice coverage, and relocation assistance.
Surrounded by two gorgeous lakes, Madison is a friendly community with plenty of Midwest charm. Offering a small-town feel and big-city amenities, it's an ideal place to call home.
- Ranked #17 by US News & World Report in "Best Places to Live."
- Very strong economy with a large technology presence as well as some of the best public and private schools in the state.
- Home to more than 15,000 acres of sparkling lakes and beaches plus an extensive network of parks and bike trails for endless outdoor activities.
- Considered the cultural hub of the state and home to the Overture Center of Arts, Madison Opera and Symphony Orchestra, and Madison Museum of Contemporary Art.
- A remarkable downtown area with award-winning restaurants, incredible farmer's market, historic neighborhoods, and great retail shopping.
- Convenient access to Lake Michigan, Milwaukee, and a short drive to Chicago.
BE or BC in General AnesthesiologyPreferred Qualifications
Any fellowship training can be considered except - Cardiac, Critical Care, Pediatric, and OBAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Anesthesiologist, Anesthesiology, Anesthesia, Physician, Healthcare, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Perioperative Medicine, Perioperative, Md, ANES