Orthopedic Surgeon at Altru Specialty Center, Grand Forks, ND – M-F 8-5
Care. For each other.
Altru Health System is located in North Dakota and Minnesota. For more information, please contact Liz Salasin.
We are seeking a board certified/board eligible orthopedic surgeon to join our multi-specialty health system.
Position: Orthopedic Surgeon at Altru Specialty Center, Grand Forks, ND
Our surgery team at Altru Specialty Center is comprised of and known for:
- 350+ Altru physicians and advanced practice providers
- 7 surgeons
- 2 sports medicine physicians
- 1 hand surgeon (hand only)
- 2 general surgeons
- 2 acute care trauma surgeons
- 6 surgery APPs
- 2 acute care trauma APPs
- 2 express clinic and post-op APPs
- 1 general surgery APP
- 1 dedicated APP to work with you
- M-F 8am – 5 pm with 1 OR day to start, can move over time to 2 OR days
- Caseload: 400+ annually
- Equipment available: March 2022 update to OR which included all new Stryker lights, towers, arthroscope pumps and shavers, printers and OR beds. Stryker Mako Robotic Arm.
- Procedures required: arthroscopy and sports procedures
- Call: Yes
- Call schedule: 1:4 week coverage, and 10-12 weekends/year
- Type of call: Non-trauma call at home
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary guarantee or wRVUs, whichever is greater
- Sign on bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and 457(b) retirement plans
- Paid malpractice insurance, including tail coverage
- Relocation allotment
- Immigration allotment, H1b visa sponsorship available
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
- Licensed MD/DO in ND and MN
Community: Grand Forks, ND
The tree-lined sidewalk streets of Grand Forks, North Dakota boast lush greenery and flowers along the Red River of the North. Grand Forks is home to about 60,000 people, making it one of the most comfortable and family-friendly locations in the U.S. Here are the top 5 reasons Grand Forks is a cooler place to call home:
- Community: Our tight-knit community is the #1 reason S. News ranks North Dakota as the state offering the best quality of life.
- No traffic: With one of the best commute times in the U.S., our “rush hour” is measured in minutes – not hours.
- Good Schools: Our public and private educational systems are some of the best in the country. Whether you’re 5 or 55, we provide outstanding educational opportunities for students of all ages and needs.
- Economy: With a consistently low unemployment rate (<3%), Grand Forks is a hub for engineering, aerospace, energy, agriculture, and healthcare.
- Weather: Whether you call it a big, small town or small, big town, Grand Forks has at least one of everything – including all four seasons.
Organization: Altru Health System
“My three days with Altru reflected a highly integrated system of personalized, high-quality care. Altru has much to be proud of. Keep up the good work!” – Altru Patient
As a hospital-employed physician at a 501(c)3 not-for-profit, community-owned, and physician-led health system, you would be joining a unique, empowering organization. We are seeking our next exceptional colleague committed to serving the Grand Forks community:
- 501(c)3 not-for-profit
- Physician-led - every physician reports to a physician
- Community owned – our leadership reports to a board
- 3,500+ employees and 350+ providers
- 54 specialties and Mayo Clinic Care Network member
- Northeast North Dakota & Northwest Minnesota
- 250,000 population service area
- Research and teaching opportunities are optional with:
- Altru’s Family Medicine Residency (FMR), and/or
- The University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences (UNDSOMHS)
- Altru Hospital in Grand Forks is a Level II Trauma Center with 242 beds
- American College of Cardiology’s Chest Pain ? MI Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award for 2022
- Newsweek’s Best Maternity Hospitals 2022 List
- Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from AHA through it’s “Get with the Guidelines-Stroke” initiative.
- 2022 Best Place to Work by Prairie Business Magazine
- Open ICU
- EMR: Epic
Contact: Liz Salasin, MS, CPRP, Provider Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.