Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon in NYC/NJ
The Gerling Institute is a privademic minimally invasive spine surgery group seeking board-eligible fellowship-trained spine surgeon - neurosurgery or orthopedic. Excellent opportunity to join a well-respected NYU-Langone-affiliated orthopedic spine surgery group with nine office locations and fourteen surgery facilities in New York and New Jersey. The Gerling Institute is a well-established national and international group of surgeons, researchers, and practitioners with more than 25 years of experience. Join a friendly and fast-paced environment, working with passionate people, with outstanding growth opportunities in expanding orthopedic spine surgery services and initiatives at the research institute. In addition, an academic appointment at NYU with substantial opportunities for collaboration with the in-house Director of Research performing randomized controlled trials in spine surgical treatments and regenerative medicine.
- Must have completed an ACGME accredited residency and spine fellowship,
- Must be board eligible or board certified in Orthopaedics or Neurosurgery
- Have a current, or be able to obtain an unrestricted license to practice in NY and NJ - not subject to any restrictions, probationary terms, or conditions
- No history of license to practice being revoked, restricted, or suspended by any professional licensing agency in any state or jurisdiction
- Have current, unrestricted DEA registration
- Genuine enthusiasm for patient connection, high-quality clinical care, and consistent quality working relationships.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and clinical training
- Employment is offered through the private practice
- Competitive Base salary with productivity bonuses
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
While you will learn to manage most musculoskeletal disorders, your primary focus will be clinical treatment of patients with spinal pathology. You will collaborate with surgeons and staff to deliver high-quality care.
At The Gerling Institute, we pride ourselves in clinical research that elevates the specialty and gives our patients access to groundbreaking technologies in modern spine care. Advanced providers in the group have opportunities to collaborate with Dr. Gerling and the Director of Research, Zori Buser, Ph.D. MBA, formerly faculty at USC in Los Angeles. We offer our clinical providers opportunities for publication, research society presentations, and involvement in clinical trials.
Work with a committed and caring team of physicians, PAs, NPs, medical assistants, and clinical support team members, all of whom are committed to The Gerling Institute's mission to be one of the national leaders in minimally invasive surgery and regenerative medicine in the spine field and to restore function and quality of life for each of the patients we serve.
We are proud of our strong quality outcomes, focus on continuous improvement and evidence-based care, innovative care delivery models, and ability to have fun at work. We recognize the team member and patient experience is intertwined and prioritize the engagement of our staff, providers, and patients. Physician wellness is valued and actively supported. We are actively growing and expanding our practice to meet the needs of our patient population and are eager to have other skilled and like-minded individuals join our team!
If you are a practicing physician and are interested in joining our growing Institute, please reach out to us. We look forward to hearing from you.