INTERNAL MEDICINE, ACADEMIC ROLE in WESTERN NEW YORK, Catholic Health
Are you being called to help others? Would working in a site which provides care in a comprehensive center including primary care, pediatrics, imaging and lab be the type of site you desire? What about being an integral part of teaching the next generation of physicians? All in one role? Your dedication, your wisdom and your service is needed.
Catholic Health in Buffalo, NY has an opening for a Board eligible/certified Internal Medicine Physician.
The Mercy Comprehensive Care Center in Buffalo, NY is seeking a physician who wants to make a difference in the lives of patients, their families, colleagues and residents.
The Mercy Comprehensive Care Center was founded on the premise of serving the sick, serving the poor and educating by the Sisters of Mercy in 1858, back when the Sisters began serving the community out of St. Brigid's Church, where this site now stands. Catholic Health in Buffalo opened this comprehensive medical center as a beacon of hope in this community, and it has been just that for almost a decade.
- This is a outpatient employed position.
- The role is in an outpatient setting with support from pharmacy, nutritionists, MA s and nursing.
- The role includes Academic Teaching of Internal Medicine Residents.
- Eligible for HRSA Loan Forgiveness program.
- Non-Profit Organization
- Competitive BASE Salary and RVU productivity
- Loan Forgiveness possible
- Sponsorship dependent upon candidacy
- Excellent Benefits
- Paid occurrence malpractice
- CME allowance
- Internal Medicine physician
- Board certified or Board eligible
- Current, unrestricted, New York State license or NYS Licensure active on date of hire.
- Current, unrestricted federal, and as needed, state prescriptive authority.
- Teaching interest
- Called to help others
- Academic role, Resident Teaching
- Full Time, Hospital Employed
- Outpatient Primary Care
- Staff includes: Nursing, MA, Care Coordinator, Pharmacy Support and Social Work
- Reasonable call
- EPIC EMR
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment.
- Develop and implement patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Communicate with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information.
- Refer patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Supervision of Advanced Practitioners when appropriate and abide by all associated rules and regulations.
CATHOLIC HEALTH IN BUFFALO
- Is an integrated health organization serving the Western New York area from the Canadian Border to the Pennsylvania State Line;
- Offers care from over 70 locations, including 5 hospitals;
- Provides acute, outpatient, ancillary, stroke, cardiac, women s, orthopedic and bariatric care;
- Has over 9,000 employees:
- Has over 1,500 affiliated physicians;
No solicitations from third-party recruitment firms (retained and contingency) and locums companies.