Summa Health Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Reconstructive Surgeon to join our rapidly growing employed Orthopaedics team. We currently have 13 surgeons in all specialties, including 2 fellowship trained Adult Reconstructive surgeons, and 8 Advanced Practice Providers. We are looking for a highly motivated and team oriented provider to focus on Total Joint & Adult Reconstructive Surgery, and work collaboratively to help advance our Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Institute to the next level.
Summa Health Medical Group is a multi-specialty group practice of 400+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. Comprised of 2 hospitals and over 20 health centers, Summa Health is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. Our team has an efficient outpatient center and recently added Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
We are looking for someone to provide high-quality, comprehensive orthopedic care for total hip replacement and total knee replacement patients. We offer a nice combination of trauma, elective and reconstructive cases. Shared call coverage is expected and compensated. Resident coverage of hospital patients is provided. Our Joint Replacement Center of Excellence opened in early 2022; this new state-of-the-art facility is located at Summa s Barberton Campus.
- Employed position offering competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as sign on bonus, student loan assistance and relocation
- Active involvement in medical student, resident and fellow education. Summa Orthopaedics is a privademic center with 4 residents per year and 2 primary care sports medicine fellows.
- Leadership training and funds for scholarly activity available
- Strong coordination of care between PCP, Pain Management, Rheumatology, Radiology, OR, physical/occupational therapy
- Academic Appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) available to qualified applicants
- Epic System s EMR
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction Surgery
- Unrestricted Ohio licensure or willingness to obtain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.