Norton Children’s Neuroscience Institute, affiliated with the University Of Louisville School Of Medicine, and a part of Norton Children’s Medical Group, is seeking a full-time board-certified/board-eligible Pediatric Epileptologist, with an academic role at the assistant or associate professor level. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, interdisciplinary team of professionals, including 16 child neurologists, 4 of whom are pediatric epileptologists, and 10 advanced practice providers, 5 of whom sub-specialize in epilepsy.
Norton Children’s Neuroscience Institute provides a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to treating epilepsy and seizures. Our team uses state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and offers advanced technologies, such as neuroimaging, VNS, RNS, DBS, and surgical robotics. The Norton Children’s Hospital Comprehensive Epilepsy Center is a Level 4 epilepsy center, the highest rating available from the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. In addition to comprehensive diagnostics and treatment options, Norton Children’s has several epilepsy subspecialty clinics, including new-onset seizure, refractory epilepsy, neuromodulation (RNS), ketogenic diet, and tuberous sclerosis clinics.
Norton Children’s Neuroscience Institute and the University of Louisville shares a vision with Norton Children’s Medical Group to grow and further expand our practice and UofL’s child neurology division. The ideal the candidate would have opportunities to work closely with medical students, residents, and fellows.
About the position:
- Develop the growth and expansion of relevant Norton Children’s multidisciplinary epilepsy clinics
- Academic position opportunity within the UofL School of Medicine Division of Neurology, teaching residents and medical students
- Board certified or board eligible and fellowship trained in pediatric epilepsy required
- Opportunities for career growth, with guidance from experienced mentors
- Competitive salary and academic rank commensurate with experience
Why Norton Healthcare for your career:
- Integrated academic clinical care model focused on translating clinical research to state-of-the-art bedside care
- Comprehensive research support services provided across all pediatric services lines through Norton Children’s Research Institute, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine
- Market share leader in the region
- Strong history rooted in robust training programs for medical students, residents and fellows
- Named 2021’s Top Workplace in the region by the Louisville Courier- Journal
- Named No. 10 on Healthiest Employers’ 2021 list of Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America and the No. 1 extra-large employer in Kentucky
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
To discuss this opportunity contact Tracy Shaughnessy at (502) 609-3672 or email@example.com.