OverviewEnjoy a great/work life balance in beautiful Alaska
Pediatrix? Alaska Neonatology Associates is seeking a pediatric hospitalist for our service line at Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, a state-of-the-art facility in Palmer, AK, located 45 minutes north of Anchorage, AK.
- 5+ pediatric hospitalist team that shares a group practice with a team of neonatologists, providing hospital-based neonatal and pediatric services in southcentral Alaska
- Shifts are 24 hours with call from home (20-minute response time required)
- Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Covering the level I newborn nursery with an average daily census
- 7-bed inpatient pediatric unit with an average daily census
- Attendance at high-risk deliveries (hospital has ~800 total annual deliveries; ~25% require in-person attendance)
- Provide consults as needed in the Emergency Department
- Involvement in program development and quality improvement activities is required
Palmer, AK, serves the Matanuska-Susitna (Mat-Su) Valley region, the fastest growing community in Alaska located in one of the most stunning locations in the state. The area encompasses 23,000 square miles of mountains, glaciers, rivers, and lakes, all literally in your backyard. The area boasts affordable housing, incredible opportunities for outdoor recreation year-round, and communities with the truly unique Alaskan flair. Enjoy the best Alaska can offer while living and working just 37 miles from the state's major city of Anchorage.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Effective November 1 st , 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.Benefits
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix? Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient?. We invite you to join the Pediatrix? family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.QualificationsResponsibilities