OverviewOB/GYN HospitalistThe Sunshine State - FloridaExtraordinary $50k Sign-on Bonus
Pediatrix is seeking to add an OB/GYN Hospitalist to our team at Broward Health in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Additional bonus of $50,000 being offered for a limited time!
- The Broward Health Medical Center team consists of 10 OB/GYNs, 2 MFMs and 9 Midwives (2 physicians and a midwife in-house 24/7)
- Over 3000 deliveries annually and an estimated 4800 triage encounters
- There are three robots on site allowing the opportunity to do minimally invasive GYN procedures
- Broward Health Medical Center has 36 private mother/baby suites and 3 deluxe Empress suites, numerous labor delivery rooms, ORs, in-house anesthesia and an on-site Level-III NICU
- Standard schedule of 7 or 8 (24-hour) hospitalist shifts each month
- Flexible scheduling available including hospitalist shifts, clinic shifts and GYN surgery
- There is a team of highly trained specialists available including: MFMs, neonatologists, midwives, and full pediatric subspecialty support
- 2 providers always in-house with MFM consultation and CNMs to assist and/or perform low-risk, uncomplicated deliveries
- Responsibilities will include both GYN and L&D including: delivery attendance, OB triage, patient evaluation and management, surgical assists, fetal monitoring and ER coverage
- Our ideal candidate will have a Florida medical license
- Per diem candidates are welcome to apply
About our company:
In the past 40 years, Pediatrix Medical Group has successfully grown from a single specialty practice to a national medical group dedicated to women's and children's services. Today our MFM and OB/GYN hospitalist program is the largest in the nation, with 205 MFM specialists and 225 OB/GYN hospitalists providing care in more than 300 hospitals across 20 states.
About the hospital:
Broward Health has been providing services to the community for over 80 years and currently encompasses over 30 healthcare facilities in Broward County. The flagship hospital, Broward Health Medical Center, is a 716-bed, state-of-the-art Level I Trauma Center, and Ft. Lauderdale's largest healthcare facility. Ranked as one of the 10 largest public healthcare systems in the nation, Broward Health is a world-class institution with numerous accolades.
About the area:
Experience the colorful culture, semi-tropical weather, abundant activities and legendary nightlife of South Florida! Easily accessible by several international airports, the area is known for its temperate winters and multi-cultural residents. With a wide variety of activities you may choose to dive on the reef, play a round of golf, watch a polo match, dine in world-class restaurants or simply relax on the beach. Choose from residential communities that pepper the area or select from one of many cosmopolitan waterfront condos. South Florida is a highly desirable market offering an exceptional quality of life.
Effective November 1 st , 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.Benefits
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Pediatrix? Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient?. We invite you to join the Pediatrix? family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.