OverviewPEDIATRIC INTENSIVIST NEEDEDDES MOINES, IA
We are looking for additional BC/BE pediatric intensivists for our PICU at Mercy Children's Hospital & Clinics in Des Moines, IA. Interested candidates should have training or significant experience in cardiac ICU management as a high percentage of our practice involves care of cardiac patients.
- Our cardiac program treats children with complex congenital heart disease. Last year, 120 open heart surgeries and approximately 100 cardiac catheterizations were performed.
- Our children's hospital includes a Level-II pediatric trauma center with a 24-hour pediatric emergency room, pediatric transport team, 44-bed Level-IV NICU, 22-bed pediatric ward and pediatric sedation services
- There is an array of pediatric subspecialties and surgical services
- Mercy Children's Hospital & Clinics has the only pediatric cardiothoracic, neurosurgical and craniofacial programs in central Iowa
- The PICU has 9-beds with an average daily census of 6 and 500 admissions annually
- The unit was completely renovated in 2012 to include an OR-capable procedure room and a 10-bed FLEX unit that is fully ICU-capable for overflow and future growth
- We are an active ELSO program providing on average 6-10 VA/VV ECMO runs annually with plans to expand our program.
As the capital of Iowa, Des Moines is a metropolitan area that has a small-town feel and ranks as one of the wealthiest cities in the United States. In fact, it is listed in the "Top 100 Best Places to Live" on Livability.com and US News and World Report ranked Des Moines 9 th in their 2017 survey of "Best Places to live in the US." There is no shortage of activities for the outdoor enthusiast -- from 76 parks, three golf courses and over 500 miles of connected recreational trails, there is something for everyone. The cost of living in Des Moines is lower than the national average and the schools are excellent. With all that it has to offer, it's no wonder Des Moines is a wonderful place to live and raise a family!
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Effective November 1 st , 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.Benefits
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient. We invite you to join the Pediatrix family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.QualificationsResponsibilities