OverviewPediatric Hospitalist - Gorgeous NY LocationSubstantial Sign-On Bonus
Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking a BC/BE Pediatrician to join our growing pediatric service in Utica, NY.
- Great work-life balance with week on / week off schedule.
- Responsibilities include coverage of 7-bed inpatient pediatric unit, emergency department consultations, shared coverage of newborn nursery with neonatology service, and education of medical students and family medicine residents. No delivery attendance or NICU coverage.
- Pediatric service is supported by pediatric-trained speech, occupational, and physical therapies, pediatric-certified echocardiographers, and lactation consultants. Neonatology consultations available in house; other pediatric sub-specialties available from tertiary center in nearby city.
- New state-of-the-art hospital is being built to combine the two local hospitals within the Mohawk Valley Health System. The Wynn Hospital is set to open in November 2023.
- Continued growth of residency programs within the new hospital
- Experienced practitioners, new graduates, and commuters are encouraged to apply. Visa sponsorship will be considered.
Utica is a welcoming and diverse town in upstate New York, located on the southern edge of the Adirondack Mountains. The area offers a relatively low crime rate, excellent public and private schools, ample housing options, and a cost of living that is 20% less than the national average. There are a variety of big-city amenities available from eclectic restaurants to quaint festivals. Outdoor activities abound in the area with plentiful lakes and rivers, hiking and biking in the summer, skiing in the winter. Utica is located between two large cities, Syracuse and Albany, and is sandwiched between multiple college towns. It is an easy driving distance to attractions such as the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Lake Ontario.
Effective November 1 st , 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.Benefits
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix? Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient?. We invite you to join the Pediatrix? family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.