Stephens Memorial Hospital is seeking a board certified/eligible Pediatrician - in Norway, Maine. The successful candidate will join a team of six pediatricians and two nurse practitioners. The call is 1:5 and includes newborn nursery rounding, attendance at deliveries, and care of a small volume of low acuity inpatients.
A nurse triage service is utilized to screen and manage phone calls. Candidates will have the opportunity to work in a very collegial atmosphere at our Western Maine Pediatric Practice. The practice has a 4 day work week with a mix of office and Inpatient rounding in collaboration with an experienced team of physicians and highly skilled clinical staff. Join us and you will also find supportive, collaborative colleagues; strong patient/provider relationships; comprehensive resources and advanced technologies, including fully integrated Epic EMR.
This position offers:
- Team-based care model with collaborative approach to care.
- Competitive compensation package including sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, student loan repayment, CME expense reimbursement, and malpractice insurance.
- Benefits include Paid Time Off, CME time, retirement options with employer contributions, medical, dental, vision, life/disability coverage, and more.
- MD/DO from an accredited medical school.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Pediatrics.
- NRP certification required and PALS highly recommended
- Prior experience with nursery call and inpatient pediatrics preferred.
Norway Maine, is a scenic affordable community in the heart of a four-season recreation. Surrounded by more than ten lakes and ponds, Norway is a haven for boating, swimming, fishing and ice skating. The nearby mountains provide hiking with vista views of Mount Washington and the Presidential Range. Family ski resorts, including Sunday River, are less than an hour away. Excellent public and private schools and a variety of housing options make Norway an exceptional place to call home.
Working at MaineHealth: With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.