The Department of Veterans Affairs NY Harbor Healthcare System is seeking a full-time Gastroenterology/Hepatology physician at our Brooklyn campus. Position requires outstanding clinical, teaching, and interpersonal skills. Provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care to patients with GI and liver disorders, participate in the inpatient Gastroenterology/Hepatology consultation service, supervise Gastroenterology/Hepatology fellows and participate in multi-disciplinary and multi facility Tumor Boards. Expertise to develop and engage in clinical research is desirable. You will also have clinical responsibilities to the Medical Service, including preceptor to 3rd year medical students and additional ad hoc clinical, teaching & administrative assignments. We are a major teaching affiliate of State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, and the successful candidate will be appointed at SUNY Downstate at an academic level commensurate with experience. Interest in hepatology and advanced endoscopy preferred.
Very manageable on-call and patient volume! Assistance with payment of med school loans up to $200K may be available.
- Competitive pay based on training, experience and local labor market
- Opportunity for additional annual performance bonus
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 full & unrestricted active U.S. license
- CME: $1,000/year and 5 days of paid absences for CME courses (conditions apply)
- Malpractice: VHA physicians are covered under federal tort laws
- No employment contracts, noncompete clauses, or restrictive covenants
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time; 11 paid federal holidays; 15 days military
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, dental and vision insurance available
- Life Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility Relocate without loss of benefits, paid time off or pay