VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (Relocation Assistance): Not Authorized
EDRP Authorized: Contact Susan.Bringel@va.gov, the EDRP Coordinator for questions/assistance
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of paid time off per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement (must be full-time with board certification)
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
The duties of an OB/GYN are related to skills in both specialties and include:
- Assess, perform exams, diagnose, and formulate treatment plans for female patients across the lifespan
- Evaluate functional/dysfunctional issues related to the female pelvis to include but not limited to masses, pain, urological and bleeding concerns
- Provide preventive and health maintenance care, including annual well woman evaluations, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling
- Coordinate care of female patients with facility and community resources
- Serve as an expert and consultant in Women's Health care in the outpatient setting
- Establish mechanisms to monitor, evaluate and maintain quality in Women's healthcare
- Perform and/or request diagnostic imaging procedures and clinical lab testing and interpret findings
- Provide advice by telephone and/or in person to other physicians, non-physicians providers, and other professional medical staff on the care of patients with urgent, emergent and non-urgent medical problems
- Serve as member of medical staff and/or faculty to provide advisory and consultative services on various meetings, committees, conferences, and/or boards
- Provide direct medical services including diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic services for Gynecological inpatients and outpatients.
- Ensure appropriate medical records are maintained and updated.
- Communicate effectively with patients and families with multiple health problems and of different backgrounds.
- This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Please click here to view full job description https://www.usajobs.gov/job/662495600