The Las Vegas VA is seeking a dynamic ENT Physician to join our spectacular team! The Otolaryngologist will provide consultation and care for our patients in the Department of Surgery. The Otolaryngologist will evaluate and treat patients for any disease that needs ENT surgery and/or treatment to achieve palliation or cure. The Otolaryngologist will screen outpatients and inpatients to determine need for further care. Performs initial histories and physical examinations on inpatients and outpatients, as well as major and minor surgical procedures. The Otolaryngologist will prescribe medications, order diagnostic studies such as lab tests, x-rays, electrocardiograms (EKGs) and CT scans. Each member of the Surgery Department functions as a cooperative and collegial team member with the entire medical center staff.
The otolaryngologist will meet the needs of customers while supporting the medical center and service missions. Consistently communicates and treats customers (patients, visitors, volunteers, and all medical center staff) in a courteous, tactful, and respectful manner. Provides the customer with consistent information according to established policies and procedures. Handles conflict and problems in dealing with the customer constructively and appropriately. The focus of this position is on the provision of surgery services to Veterans enrolled at the VA Central California Health Care System. Our Veterans are typically between 18 and 70 years of age. This position requires the incumbent to possess or develop an understanding of the particular needs of these types of patients. Sensitivity to the special needs of all patients in respect to age, developmental requirements, and culturally related factors must be consistently achieved.
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application
Benefits and Features
- Expected Salary range for well qualified Otolaryngologist will range from $290,000.00 to $350,000.00, with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus. Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment.
- The VA offers Physicians and all employee industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 11 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans through the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching.
COVID; As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.