The Las Vegas VA is seeking highly qualified, motivated, dynamic Dermatologist to join our fantastic team!
Scope of practice for the Dermatologist physician include, but is not limited to:
1. Provides patient-centered, high-value, cost-effective, team-based dermatologic care utilizing both the art and science of medicine.
2. Perform various dermatologic skills and treatment to include biopsy and excision of skin lesions, cryotherapy, intralesional injections, chemotherapy of dermatological conditions, prescription of PUVA light therapy, etc.
3. Qualifies for a faculty appointment with one or more and our affiliated academic institutions.
4. Demonstrates ability to teach medical students, medical residents, and other students who rotate on the dermatology service.
5. Demonstrates ability to participate in clinical research and other academic activities as assigned, both within VA and our affiliated academic institutions.
6. Participates in hospital and medical staff activities such as accreditation requirements, quality assessment, quality improvement projects, committee assignments, etc.
7. Demonstrate interpersonal skills that enhance the effectiveness and accomplishments of the service.
8. Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills that are commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30 pm
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Since 1972, VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS) has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve their health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 240,000 Veterans living in our catchment area. Within the sunny Las Vegas valley and surrounding areas, VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS) provides outpatient and inpatient health care services to more than 45,000 patients yearly, exceeding 450,000 outpatient visits per year. This comprehensive VA Medical Center is a 90-bed inpatient facility with state-of-the-art medical, diagnostic and surgical services. Other services provided by VASNHS include a 20-bed inpatient psychiatric treatment ward that opened on April 15, 2013. Several outpatient services are available at the Medical Center. Services provided by VASNHS continue to expand to meet the demands of the dynamic growth.
An exciting job opportunity awaits you at our new, state-of-the-art VA facility in the entertainment capital of the world Fabulous Las Vegas! The VASNHS is comprised of a newly constructed 90 bed Medical Center, (4) Primary Care Clinics throughout the Las Vegas Valley, and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) in Pahrump and Laughlin, Nevada. Las Vegas offers no state income tax, a variety of affordable housing options and well-planned residential communities, an international airport, world-class dining & entertainment, outdoor recreation and 300 sunny days a year outdoor recreation and activities include Lake Mead/Hoover Dam, Mt. Charleston/Red Rock Canyon, Death Valley/Valley of Fire including fishing, hiking, backpacking, water sports, and acres of uninhabited desert landscape for off-road enthusiasts to enjoy a nonstop playground. Now is a great time to take your career to the next level in beautiful Las Vegas Join Our VA Healthcare Team Today!
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- 11 paid Federal holidays per year
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits, 2) FERS-RAE basic benefits (pension), and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee s salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee s salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2020, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $19,500, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $25,500.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years service
Pursuant to VHA Directive 1193.01, VHA health care personnel are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to such accommodations as required by law (i.e., medical, religious, or pregnancy). VHA HCPs do not include remote workers who only infrequently enter VHA locations. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required accommodation from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.