The Las Vegas VA is seeking to hire an Orthopedic Surgeon to join our dynamic team!
Examine patient's and assess any deformity or illness
Document and review patients' histories
Apply and supervise appropriate curative, palliative, reconstructive, and corrective treatment modalities
Perform surgeries on patients who want to augment and/or beautify certain body parts
Examines, diagnoses, and treats diseases and injuries to the musculoskeletal system.
Prescribes course of treatment for patients with injuries, disorders, or malformations and performs required surgery.
Conducts and supervises direct patient care, including non-surgical and other interventional treatment options.
Follow up with patients and provide appropriate medical care
Explain the risks and dangers of surgical procedures to patients
Follow-up in the outpatient and inpatient areas
Make sure that surgical equipment is adequate
Plans and executes disease prevention and health promotion programs.
Exercises command of medical units as provided by law and regulations.
Conduct medical research on new injuries or diseases, and conducts, supervises, and participates in medical education and training of other medical personnel.
Participates in on-call schedule in a responsive and timely manner.
Provides outpatient consultation and hospital consultation services.
Maintains CME units based on the requirements of the specifying Board.
Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events and writing summaries.
Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Maintain confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
Taking call for Orthopedics surgery emergencies
Collaboration with Providers for this and other specialties
Teaching of Residents and Fellows
Participation in all meetings and other initiatives of the respective Section, other Services, and the Hospital as a whole
Supervises the clinical performance of the Orthopedic Surgery Department
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Competitive pay based on training, experience, and local labor market
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 full & unrestricted active U.S. license
- CME: $1,000/year and 5 days of paid absences for CME courses
- Malpractice: VHA physicians are covered under federal tort laws
- No employment contracts, non-compete clause, or restrictive covenants
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time; 11 paid federal holidays; 15 days military
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health Insurance (Dental & Vision supplemental insurance available)
- Life Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility Relocate without loss of benefits, vacation, or pay
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program up to $200,000
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a VA job announcement includes language requiring applicants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply to this Job Announcement. VA may request information regarding your vaccination status, if selected, for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.