Pulmonary/Critical Care opportunity caring for our nation's veterans. Join our growing practice providing patient centered care at our state-of-the-art medical center in North Las Vegas, NV. Responsibilities include:
- Provides direct patient care for inpatients and outpatients with actual or presumed pulmonary or critical care problems.
- Applicant with training and clinical skills in sleep medicine preferred, but not required.
- Provides patient-centered medical care utilizing both the art and science of medicine.
- Provides high-value, cost-effective, and team-based medical care.
- Utilizes palliative and hospice services and principles as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to teach medical students, medical residents, and other students who rotate on the pulmonary/critical care service.
- Demonstrates ability to participate in clinical research and other academic activities as assigned, both with VA and our affiliated academic institutions.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills that enhances the effectiveness and accomplishments of the service.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills that are commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Participates in hospital and medical staff activities such as accreditation requirements, quality assessment, quality improvement projects, committee assignments, EPRP activities, lean activities, ORYX, HEDIS, SAIL measures, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to function within the parameters set by VA with regards to consult management, utilization of order sets, documentation in CPRS, and other requirements of the VA's electronic medical record system.
- Demonstrates ability to function within a large complex organization that requires cooperation with multiple services, including community care, prosthetics service, medical administration, medical records, group medical practice, etc.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/benefits/
Living in the Las Vegas valley offers unlimited world class dining and entertainment options as well at outdoor recreation year round.