The Central Alabama Veterans Affairs Health Care System in Montgomery Alabama is seeking a Fellowship Trained and Board Certified (BC) or Board Eligible (BE) Endocrinologist to lead department specialty care in collaboration with multi-disciplinary Acute Care and Specialty Service Line team, reporting directly to Service Chief, providing direct outpatient, consultative inpatient, or emergent patient care. Selected physician will practice within the full scope of specialty, diagnosing and treating disorders of the endocrine glands and system, the management of diabetes and cancers of the endocrine glands. Work Schedule is Mondays Fridays, 8:00 AM 4:30 PM. No call responsibility expected.
- Must be U.S. Citizen (Non-Citizens May Be Considered)
- Must have current, active & unencumbered U.S. State Medical License
- Fellowship Trained & Board Certified or Board Eligible in Endocrinology Specialty
With a population of 200,603, Montgomery area is a balance between production and service economies with major interstates in all directions; public, private, and military institutions of higher learning; and a proud heritage to showcase. The warm Southern hospitality, high quality of life and low cost of living make Montgomery a wonderful place to put down roots and raise a family. Montgomery offers everything expected in a big city from world-class arts and theater to state-of-the-art health care and vibrant retail all with the small-town warmth seldom found in a city of this size.
- VA supports healthy work-life-family balance & offers robust menu of benefits & features
- Salary range is $200,000 to $243,000 & may include annual performance bonus up to $15,000
- Selected candidates may be considered for Recruitment Incentive up to 15% of annual salary
- Selected candidate eligible to apply for Education Debt Reduction Program of up to $200,000
- Paid time off includes 26 days vacation with pay, 13 days of sick leave, and 11 federal holidays
- Health-Dental-Vision-Life Insurance offered with premiums partially offset by the government
- Federal Employee Retirement Pension & Thrift Savings Plan, a 401k like plan, with 5% matching
About the VA:
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA, offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 clinical sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
For More Information:
Please forward copy of your Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter summarizing your background, education, training, clinical practice and leadership/management experience, and other credentials and interests, to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 675-5761.