The Eastern Oklahoma VA Health Care System (EOVAHCS) in Muscogee OK is seeking a talented Board Certified (BC) or Board Eligible (BCE) Vascular Surgeon to join wonderful outpatient / inpatient practice opportunity. Ideal Physician Candidate will possess significant experience with endovascular treatments of aortic, peripheral, and carotid disease, and have interest in advancing an emerging vascular surgery program, and who is passionate in promoting and teaching fellows, residents, and medical students. EOVAHCS is a Joint Commission accredited system and Level 1C tertiary care facility that consists of a 61-bed hospital and four outpatient clinics in Tulsa, Vinita, McAlester, and Idabel OK. Work Schedule is Mondays Fridays, 7:30 AM 4:00 PM.
- U.S. Citizenship (Non-Citizens May Be Considered IAW VA Policy)
- Must have current, active, unencumbered U.S. State Medical License
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Vascular Surgery sub-specialty preferred
- Preference for experience in endovascular aortic, peripheral, and carotid disease treatments
With a population of 38,910, Muskogee Oklahoma is nestled on the banks of the Arkansas River. This small city with a big heart offers visitors and residents a wide range of historic sites, family-friendly fun, and outdoor activities to enjoy year-round. Located in the middle of the world s largest concentration of man-made lakes, Muskogee offers something for every taste & interest, like the Castle of Muskogee, a vast 37,000 square foot fairground that plays host to the world famous annual Oklahoma Renaissance Festival from late April to Memorial Day; or Honor Heights Park, a 132-acre arboretum and botanical garden that is the jewel of Muskogee s park system; the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame and Museum; and the Five Civilized Tribes Museum that is dedicated to celebrating, preserving and honoring the culture and heritage of several tribes from the region; and the Three Rivers Museum of Muskogee that is dedicated to the history and heritage of the American frontier.
- VA supports healthy work-life-family balance & offers robust menu of benefits & features
- Salary range is $325,000 to $400,000 & may include annual performance bonus up to $15,000
- Selected candidates may be considered for Recruitment Incentive up to 15% of annual salary
- Selected candidates may be eligible for Education Debt Reduction Program of up to $200,000
- Paid time off includes 26 days vacation with pay, 13 days of sick leave, and 11 federal holidays
- Health-Dental-Vision-Life Insurance offered with premiums partially offset by the government
- Federal Employee Retirement System & Thrift Savings Plan, a 401k like plan, with 5% matching
About the VA:
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA, offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 clinical sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
For More Information:
Please forward copy of your Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter summarizing your background, education, training, clinical practice and leadership/management experience, and other credentials and interests, to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, email@example.com or call (702) 675-5761.