The Central Alabama VA Health Care System, Montgomery, AL is seeking a Full-Time Physician (Internal Medicine/Infectious Disease) to join our team to care for our Nations veterans. The ideal candidate must have experience in inpatient and outpatient quality care, teaching, and research related to general internal medicine and infectious diseases. Patient screening, surveillance and management of infectious diseases and general internal medicine. Provides consultation services to all other VA clinics under Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System (CAVHCS) catchment. Provides direct clinical supervision of advanced practice nurses or physician assistants and other staff as appropriate. Establishes professional working relationships with other clinical service providers within the medical center and outlying clinics, provide telephone and e-consult consultations as needed. Cooperates with and participate in medical duties or functions related to quality of care, peer review and with other performance improvement activities as directed. Works collaboratively with other specialties.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, proficient in English. If no qualified U.S. Citizen is found,
will consider non-citizen candidates
- Full and unrestricted license from any U.S. State.
- Board certified preferred but will accept board eligible.
- Fellowship trained preferred
- Minimum 5 years of clinical practice preferred
- Must be highly motivated, team-oriented, and committed to the care and good
health for our Veterans.
- Competitive Pay
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
- Salary increases
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- 50 days of annual paid time off: 26 days paid vacation;13 days paid sick leave; 11 paid federal holidays and possible 5 days paid absence for CME.
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 1 license valid in all 50 states and U.S. Territories.
- May apply for Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) up to $200,000 over a 5-year period based on availability of funding.
- Recruitment/Relocation Incentive may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
If interested, please e-mail your CV to Kendra.Wilson-Hudson@va.gov or call (281) 928-4995.
VHA Physician Total Rewards