The WJB Dorn VA located in Columbia, SC are currently seeking a full-time board certified/board eligible Psychiatrist for inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services with a focus upon post traumatic stress disorders and related illnesses. This position will provide for an academic appointment with the USC SOM and an opportunity to engage in clinical/translational research relevant to the VA priority area in PTSD and other related anxiety disorders.
Psychiatrist will provide necessary VA psychiatric coverage along with a clinical research collaborative with the University of South Carolina. This position shall be expected to cooperate with and participate in, medical duties or functions related to quality of care, peer review, improvement and with other performance improvement activities.WJBD VAMC has a strong academic affiliation with the University of South Carolina School of Medicine and is one of the core training sites for the medical school.
This is an outstanding opportunity all while working with a group of excellent physicians. WJB Dorn VAMC provides a full range of patient care services utilizing state-of-the-art technology. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Psychiatric care of adult Veterans and may include, but not limited to, conducting diagnostic evaluations, psychiatric consults, medication management, and individual or group psychotherapy.
- Psychiatric care and evaluation of new diagnostics and therapeutics for adult Veterans with PTSD and related anxiety disorders.
- Become part of a collaborative and multidisciplinary team of clinicians and VA researchers in the area of improving the understanding and treatment of PTSD and related anxiety disorders.
- May be expected to provide direct clinical supervision of mid-level providers, psychiatric advanced practice nurses or physician assistants and other staff as appropriate.
- Required to exercise judgment in the selection of or adaptation of standard and accepted clinical theories, techniques, and practices in treating patients or developing new techniques and programs for the treatment of specialized problems or clinical populations.
- Facilitate admissions to the inpatient psychiatry unit. Coordinate care at the point of admission with inpatient psychiatric, or medical-surgical, physicians.
- Support a specialty care clinic (Clozaril, Suboxone), evaluations and medication management in the substance abuse treatment program (including Suboxone), particularly as it relates to the PTSD program and project(s).
Work Schedule: 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday or a compressed schedule could be available
Salary Range: up to $282,480 per year
Licensure: Any full and unrestricted license from any US State or Territory is sufficient to work at any VA Medical Center or clinic
Recruitment incentive may be approved depending on location
Student Loan Repayment: You may be eligible to apply for an education loan reimbursement award of up to $200,000 under the provisions of the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP)
$1,000 CME reimbursement + 5 day paid absence to attend
Free liability protection!
Performance bonus of up to an additional $15K each year!
No physician employment contracts!
Contact me to learn more!