The Alexandria, LA VA Healthcare System is searching for a BE/BC General/Adult Psychiatrist to join their dynamic healthcare team as an Inpatient Psychiatrist.
Selected candidate will serve as a Psychiatrist or Internist in Mental Health Service. He/she will perform the following duties to include, but not limited to:
- Uses assessment skills to promptly examine new patients thoroughly using appropriate clinical, laboratory and other pertinent data. Provides follow-up when indicated. Answers Mental Health consult requests when necessary.
- Initiates appropriate and timely treatment. Prescribes medications according to outpatient formulary.
- Accurately interprets and evaluates clinical data for the purpose of determining diagnosis and clinical status. Formulates assessment and plan according to accepted protocols, treatment plans or attending physician's treatment protocols, treatment plans or recommendations.
- Acts as a consultant in involving patients in the treatment and management plan.
- Provides patient education of medical/mental health conditions, preventive measures and prescribed treatments.
- Interacts effectively and harmoniously as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team
- Provider of Medication-Assisted Therapy for SUDS, including Suboxone. Waiver to be obtained within 6 months of employment if candidate has not already completed.
Preferred Qualifications: Board Certified Psychiatrist
Work Schedule: 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
On call: Rotating with other psychiatrists
Range: $220,000-$250,000 per year
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive is authorized for this position
Selected candidate may be eligible for student loan repayment through the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Participation is based on funds availability.
United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
Education: Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
Licensure: Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
English Proficiency: Applicants must be proficient in spoken and written English.
Total Rewards of VA Employment Physician Careers: https://www.vacareers.va.gov/Content/Documents/Print/TotalRewardsBrochure.pdf