The Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System located in Biloxi, MS is searching for BE/BC Psychiatrists to join their dynamic healthcare team.
Positions are located at their Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in:
Mobile, AL: 2
Pensacola, FL: 1
Eglin AFB, FL (Fort Walton Beach): 1
Biloxi, MS VA Medical Center: 2 outpatient, 1 inpatient
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs psychiatric evaluations for a diverse population, including geriatric and post deployment combat Veterans, who are mentally ill and have psychosocial issues such as homelessness, unemployment, and poor family support network.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions including diagnostic assessment, medication evaluation and management, suicide risk assessments, crisis intervention, and overall care of patients with psychiatric disorders.
- Ensures practice of psychiatric medicine is consistent with TJC, CARF, HIPPA, VA policies and procedures, clinical practice guidelines, national statutes and regulations, medical record documentation, and mandatory continuing education.
- Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services including assessment and the most appropriate psychotherapeutic techniques in providing quality care.
- May serve as a mental health team leader with responsibilities for coordinating consults and triage of specialty clinic referrals.
- Participates effectively in team meetings and treatment planning conferences, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Orders diagnostic tests and consultations, and discriminates between normal and abnormal findings and makes appropriate treatment decisions.
- May participate in supervision (must be board certified) and teaching in support of the psychiatric residency program.
- Areas which the psychiatrist is assigned and has clinical privileges to practice may include depression, anxiety, psychosis, PTSD, substance abuse, and other psychiatric disorders in various clinical settings (outpatient, inpatient, ED).
- Some duty time may be spent at other outlying clinics or using telemedicine technology throughout GCVHCS.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 AM-4:30 PM. Offer 50% in the clinic and 50% telehealth, but must live within 1 hour from facility. Possibility for on-call responsibilities.
Salary Range: $240,000 - $250,000 per year
Recruitment/Relocation incentive is authorized
Selected candidate may be eligible for student loan repayment through the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Participation is based on funds availability.