The Tuscaloosa, Alabama VA Medical Center is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Physician (Psychiatrist) with proven leadership skills and a vision for the future to join our team of dedicated professionals who provide health care to veterans that is second to none.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs psychiatric evaluations for a diverse population, including geriatric and post deployment combat Veterans, who are mentally ill and have psychosocial issues such as homelessness, unemployment, and poor family support network.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions including diagnostic assessment, medication evaluation and management, suicide risk assessments, crisis intervention, and overall care of patients with psychiatric disorders.
- Ensures practice of psychiatric medicine is consistent with TJC, CARF, HIPPA, VA policies and procedures, clinical practice guidelines, national statutes and regulations, medical record documentation, and mandatory continuing education.
- Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services including assessment and the most appropriate psychotherapeutic techniques in providing quality care.
- The Psychiatrist may serve as a mental health team leader with responsibilities for coordinating consults and triage of specialty clinic referrals.
- Participates effectively in team meetings and treatment planning conferences and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Orders diagnostic tests and consultations discriminates between normal and abnormal findings and makes appropriate treatment decisions.
- May participate in supervision and teaching in support of the psychiatric residency program, performs on call duties, and performs other directly related duties as assigned.
- Areas which the psychiatrist is assigned and has clinical privileges to practice may include depression, anxiety, psychosis, PTSD, substance abuse, and other psychiatric disorders in various clinical settings (outpatient, inpatient, ED).
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 8am-4:30pm (Full Time)
Salary Range: Up to $264k per year
Recruitment Incentive is authorized for this position
Selected candidate may be eligible for student loan repayment through the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Participation is based on funds availability.
Total Rewards of VA Employment Physician Careers: https://www.vacareers.va.gov/Content/Documents/Print/TotalRewardsBrochure.pdf
Tuscaloosa is home to a vast array of remarkable sights that are known only inside its bounds. With hundreds of restaurants, activities, museums and parks, it has managed to become one of Alabama s most progressive cities. Visitors come to enjoy the refreshing atmosphere, historic features and bustling nightlife that Tuscaloosa has to offer. With its great energy and eyes on the future, Tuscaloosa continues to thrive on being your one and only. https://www.visittuscaloosa.com/