1 license/50 States - 49 Days' OFF each year!
Competitive Salary, No Overhead, No Insurance Companies to deal with and performance pay for our cardiologist.
Incentives and Relocations considered!
49 Days off annually One state license work in any VA Facility
Student Loan Reimbursement/ Relocation & Incentives
The Hershel "Woody" Williams VA Medical Center in Huntington, WV seeks a board-certified or board-eligible invasive and non-invasive cardiologist to practice in the expanding cardiac department. Openings due to expansion and retirements. The medical center is a 50-bed facility and has an academic affiliation with the Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine at Marshall University.
Ideally for both invasive and noninvasive cardiology:
- Conduct weekly Cardiology Clinics
- Answer inpatient and outpatient consultations
- Interpret and Generate reports of all Cardiology procedures.
- Supervision of Cardiology Fellows.
- an invasive cardiologist will perform cardiac catheterizations.
- Clinical Faculty Appointment included with this position
Supervise and teach medical students, residents, and fellows from the Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University. The tour of duty is from 8:00 am -4:30 pm, Monday-Friday. The call is only one evening a week. The department has lots of support staff, nurses, mid-level practitioners - such as nurse practitioners or physician assistants.
Community Information (What it s Like to Live in Huntington, West Virginia):
Huntington, WV is a wonderful place to live and work. Located in the scenic Ohio Valley on the banks of the Ohio River, Huntington offers many cultural and outdoor activities and is within easy driving distance of several larger metropolitan areas such as Lexington, KY, Columbus, and Cincinnati, OH, and Charleston, WV. With a relaxed lifestyle and affordable living, Huntington is an excellent place to raise a family. An additional item to mention is you will have your choice of living in WV, OH, or KY.
I m Interested: Please provide a copy of your C.V. to: email@example.com or call (304) 268-0377 anytime
VA boasts a comprehensive compensation and benefits package (Paid Time-Off, Professional/Personal Insurance Coverages, 401K, CME, and Retirement, etc.). For more info, click: vha physician careers - VA Careers - Veterans Affairs
Freedom to practice medicine and focus on the patient w/o the distractions of running a business
- VA Doctors do not have the Overhead of running an individual or group practice
- VA Standard visit length is 30-minutes, compared to 20-min. visits outside
- Your licensure is valid in all 50 states.
- 49 days of annual paid time off 26 days paid vaca;13 days paid sick leave; 10 paid federal holidays
- Predictable work schedules and a focus on quality rather than volume. Plus, Much More!
Learn more at: About The VA
VHA Physician Total Rewards Brochure