The Robley Rex VA Medical Center (RRVAMC) in Louisville KY is recruitment for Board Certified (BC) / Board Eligible (BE) Rheumatologist, with BC in Internal Medicine, for inpatient/outpatient opportunity. This is great opportunity for physician who is interested in personal and professional growth, development, teaching and delivery of outstanding care to Veterans, and will consider both full- and part-time interest. The RRVAMC is an active, affiliated acute care and outpatient facility located on a 47-acre hilltop near downtown Louisville overlooking the Ohio River, with main campus located at 800 Zorn Avenue, Louisville, Kentucky. The medical center operates three community-based outpatient clinics in the greater Louisville area (Dupont, Newburg, and Shively), one in Grayson County, one in Fort Knox, KY, and one in Scottsburg and one in New Albany, IN. The RRVAMC is classified as a Clinical Referral Level 2 Facility and teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology, with emphasis on education and research. The RRVAMC is academically affiliated with the University of Louisville School of Medicine and candidate will be considered for academic appointment and expected to participate in teaching of students, residents and fellows. Work Schedule/Tour of Duty: Monday Friday, 8:00 AM 4:30 PM. No call, evenings or weekend coverage expected.
- Must be a Citizen of the U.S.
- Must have current unrestricted U.S. medical license
- Must be BC or BE in Rheumatology and BC in Internal Medicine
Louisville Bourbon City Kentucky, named after King Louis XVI of France and founded in 1778, is one of the oldest cities west of the Appalachians, and is the home of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali, the Kentucky Derby, Kentucky Fried Chicken, the Cardinals and Louisville Slugger Baseball Bats! The city s population is estimated around 766,757, with an MSA population of 1,265,108, and is located in Kentucky s outer Bluegrass region, and home to dozens of companies and organizations across several industries, with an economy underpinned since its early history on the shipping, cargo and manufacturing industries, given its strategic location at the Falls of the Ohio and unique position in the central U.S. Louisville has 122 city parks covering more than 13,000 acres and has the largest municipal urban forest in the U.S. covering 6,218 acres, which is designated as a National Audubon Society Wildlife Refuge and offers over 30 miles of various hiking trails. Sitting along the Ohio River, which divides the northern and the southern U.S., Louisville is a modern metropolitan area steeped in tradition, while exuding the charm befitting a southern area's reputation with vibrant music and performing arts scene, desire for competitive innovation, and farmers markets. Come join us in the Possibility City !
Benefits and Features:
- Expected realistic annual salary range from $200,000 to $243,000 based on physician s qualifications. May be considered for up to $15,000 annual performance bonus. Position approved for Recruitment Incentive up to 15% of annual salary and Education Debt Reduction Program up to $200,000 school loan repayment possible
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent matching
About the VA:
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further:
For information and consideration, please email your Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae to: Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 675-5761.