The VA Nebraska Western-Iowa Health Care System in Omaha NE is seeking Board Certified / Board Eligible General Cardiologists to join our Healthcare Team. Selected Physician will practice in both outpatient and inpatient direct care setting, bringing outstanding clinical cardiology skills and a passion for teaching and scholarship. The Cardiology Section can perform coronary angiography, PCI, EP, and all manner of echo procedures with state-of-the-art echo equipment and has three faculty who are able to interpret echoes and do TEE/stress echo/DSE. The Omaha VAMC is academically affiliated with Creighton University School of Medicine and the University of Nebraska. Work Schedule is Mon-Fri, 8:00 AM 4:30 PM.
- U.S. Citizenship (Non-Citizens May Be Considered)
- Current, active & unencumbered U.S. State Medical License
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Cardiology Specialty
Omaha celebrates and treasures the past, while warmly embracing change and growth. The metro area that once brought you TV dinners and Reuben sandwiches now houses fancy seafood restaurants and hip vegan options (though you'll never have trouble finding a hearty steak). And while ranchers continue to raise cattle on the sprawling prairies surrounding the region, Omaha is attracting budding new tech startups. Affordability and a strong economy attract young professionals, while safety, a plethora of education options and family-friendly activities are appealing to those with kids. Omaha was ranked by US News as the 28th best place to live in the country among 125 metro areas. Discover what makes working in Omaha great at www.visitomaha.com.
Benefits and Features:
- VA offers industry leading benefits & features to support favorable work-life-family balance
- Expected Annual Salary Range of $275,000 to $400,000 & up to $15,000 Performance Bonus
- A Recruitment / Relocation Incentive may be offered to well qualified selected candidate
- Position approved for Education Debt Reduction Program up to $200,000 for qualified loans
- Paid Time Off: 26-Days vacation with pay, 13 Days sick leave, & 10 Federal holidays observed
- Health-Dental-Vision-Life Insurance Plans available with premiums partially paid by Government
- Federal Employees Retirement System & Thrift Savings Plan (401k-type plan) with 5% matching
About the VA:
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further:
For information and consideration, please email your Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 675-5761.