The Central Texas Veterans Health Care System (CTVHCS) in Temple TX is seeking talented Board Certified / Board Eligible Gastroenterologists to provide full scope of GI specialty clinical care, consultations, patient management in general gastroenterology as well as hepatology in a collegial inpatient and outpatient care setting. The CTVHCS is one of the largest integrated healthcare systems in the United States and has an active academic affiliation with Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Baylor Scott & White Health System, and the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, with over 200 fellows, residents, interns, and students training at CTVHCS each year, so working with and instructing internal medicine residents and gastroenterology fellows is expected. Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday Friday, 8:00 AM 4:30 PM, including shared call responsibilities.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (Non-Citizens May Be Considered)
- Must have current, active, and unencumbered U.S. State Medical License
- Fellowship Training & Board Certified / Board Eligible in Gastroenterology Specialty Required
Combining the convenience of a big city with small town hospitality, Temple Texas is regarded as one of the greatest places to live and work in Texas. According to CBS News, Temple is ranked as the 6th most affordable place to live in the U.S. with the cost of living 14.3% lower than the national average! With one of the fastest growing healthcare systems, robust economic sector, and emphasis on education, Temple is experiencing quick growth attracting new residents from all over the state and beyond. At only a short one-hour drive to the State Capital of Austin and two hours from Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area, living in Temple opens a world of opportunities, recreation, entertainment, culture, and natural beauty.
- VA supports healthy work-life-family balance, security, satisfaction, & employee benefits
- Expected annual salary range is $350,000 to $400,000 depending on candidate s qualifications
- May earn up to $15,000 annual performance pay bonus & by-annual longevity pay increases
- A Recruitment/Relocation Incentive up to 15% of salary may be offered to selected candidate
- Selected Candidate may apply for Education Debt Reduction Program award up to $200,000
- Paid time off includes 26 days vacation, 13 days sick leave, 11 federal holidays & CME time
- Health-Dental-Vision-Life Insurance plans with premiums partially off-set/paid by government
- Federal Employee Retirement System & Thrift Savings Plan Retirement Plans with 5% matching
About the VA:
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA, offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 clinical sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
For More Information:
Please forward copy of your Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter summarizing your background, education, training, clinical practice and leadership/management experience, and other credentials and interests, to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (702) 675-5761