The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Applications are invited for:-
Department of Psychiatry
Research Assistant Professor
(Ref: 220002ZH) (Closing date: December 16, 2022)
The Department of Psychiatry at the Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is recruiting a Research Assistant Professor within the following research area:-
• Sleep and Neurodegeneration
This is an exciting opportunity for outstanding young investigator to play a leading role in advancing mental health research programmes related to the above-mentioned research area at CUHK.
The successful candidate is expected to (i) hold a PhD degree in a relevant field with post-doctoral experience; and (ii) have ample experiences in the field of sleep medicine, especially REM sleep behavior disorder, and have pioneering work in biomarker identification and/or disease pathophysiology research of neurodegeneration, as evidenced by publications in international journals.
He/she must have a passion to advance by establishing a dynamic, creative and internationally oriented research group and attract external research funding.
Appointment will initially be made on fixed-term contract basis for up to two years commencing as soon as possible, renewable subject to good performance, funding and mutual agreement.
Applicants should complete the on-line application form and upload the followings:
• A full curriculum vitae;
• Copies of academic credentials;
• A full list of the applicant's scientific publications indicating the five most important publications;
• Copies of all publications on which the applicant wishes to be evaluated;
• A brief survey of the applicant’s most important research results and research plans for the next three years, including research management and research grants; and
• An outline of how the applicant’s future research strategy would build on current research, identifying how it would complement existing research in the above-mentioned research areas and mental health research programmes of CUHK.
The University only accepts and considers applications submitted online for the post above. For more information and to apply online, please visit http://career.cuhk.edu.hk.