We’re seeking a Board-Certified Adolescent Medicine Physician for an exciting opportunity to serve as Medical Director, Adolescent Medicine at Ochsner Hospital for Children in New Orleans, Louisiana. The successful candidate will develop an adolescent medicine program within Ochsner’s Health’s regional health system, the largest not-for-profit academic health system in the Gulf South.
This position will include work with:
Leadership and Education:
- Play an integral role in residency and medical student training and oversight for our pediatric residency, potentially including a position as Associate Program Director
- Provide consultation and teaching for outpatient and inpatient pediatrics teams regarding the care of adolescents and conditions that present frequently in adolescence
- Provide leadership for and education in adolescent health locally and throughout the Gulf South
- Provide consultation to general pediatricians, pediatric subspecialists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and family medicine physicians to help in the management of adolescents. Those consults will include, but are not limited to:
- High-risk behaviors
- Reproductive health
- Transition typically developing and medically complex patients from pediatric to adult medicine
Gender Medicine Care:
- Integrate into a multidisciplinary pediatric gender medicine team within a larger gender medicine clinic serving children, adolescents and adults and provide consultation and follow-up to adolescents.
About Ochsner Hospital for Children
Ranked #1 Children's Hospital in Louisiana for the second year in a row by U.S. News & World Report in 2022-23. Ochsner Hospital for Children was also recognized as a national leader in the new rankings in three specialties: Pediatric Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Surgery, Pediatric Cardiology and Heart Surgery, and Pediatric Orthopedics. Ochsner Hospital for Children continues to be a top destination for pediatric care in the region through an unwavering commitment to always putting patients first.
Ochsner Hospital for Children is a rapidly expanding 125-bed children's hospital offering a full range of pediatric care from primary to quaternary care, with services offered in all subspecialties, and includes Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Advanced GI and Hepatology, Advanced Orthopedic Surgery, Hematology-Oncology, Cleft Palate/Cranio-Facial Surgery, as well as heart, liver, and bone marrow transplant. There are also several multi-disciplinary teams dedicated to complex conditions. The hospital not only performed the first pediatric heart/kidney transplant in the region but is also the top congenital heart program in the state (both in volume and outcomes).
About Ochsner Health
The Ochsner system is designed to support tertiary care and quaternary pediatrics and pediatric surgery. Ochsner has 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 300 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is a national healthcare destination center, caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 75 countries worldwide each year.
Ochsner Health is Louisiana's largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Ochsner serves patients across the region with clinics at the main pediatric ambulatory facility in New Orleans. Ochsner Hospital for Children has 125-pediatric bed unit, spread across inpatient, PICU, CVICU, and Level IV NICU. We have residency programs in Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine, General Pediatrics as well as medical students from the University of Queensland/Ochsner program. We support several well-funded pediatric research programs as well.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your online application by visiting
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.