Job Description & Requirements
General Anesthesiologist in Missouri
The Washington University in St. Louis (WashU) Department of Anesthesiology is seeking anesthesiologists to join their dynamic, talented, and diverse team. The incoming anesthesiologists will provide anesthesia care at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, which has been ranked on the U.S. News & World Report
Best Hospitals Honor Roll for over two decades.Opportunity Highlights
- Join a world-class team in the #9 Anesthesiology program in the U.S.
- High level of case variety including orthopedics, GI, oncology, and liver transplant
- No requirement to do OB, cardiac, or pediatrics
- If sub-specialty trained – the ability to spend considerable time on your sub-specialty
- Join a stable, financially healthy university and hospital system where physicians are valued and given autonomy
- Enjoy supervising residents and fellows as well as develop other academic interests
- Incredible research infrastructure – the department is #2 in NIH funding in the U.S.
- Sign-on bonus, discretionary fund, and relocation assistance
- Accrue up to 33 vacation days + 12 sick days + 10 holidays + 5 CME days per year
- Public student loan forgiveness eligibility
- Live near your work program – forgivable loans to help with the purchase of a home
- Family-friendly benefits include fertility treatment services coverage, adoption benefits, paid parental leave, and childcare assistance
Live and work in the St. Louis area, offering affordable living and access to world-class sports, cultural venues, and family-friendly attractions.
- Recognized as one of the greatest sports cities with world champion St. Louis Cardinals, Stanley Cup-winning St. Louis Blues, and a professional soccer team in a new stadium debuting in 2023
- Unique family-friendly attractions, many of which are free of charge - explore the Science Center, visit the Magic House, City Museum, or Aquarium, or spend the day at Forest Park, skating, boating, or enjoying the walking & running trails
- Center for cultural entertainment - home of the St. Louis Symphony, the St. Louis Zoo, and the St. Louis Art Museum, along with the Missouri History Museum
- A dining scene worthy of a national spotlight with James Beard renowned chefs offering luxurious international cuisine
BE or BC in General Anesthesiology
Will consider sub-specialtiesAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Anesthesiologist, Anesthesiology, Anesthesia, Physician, Healthcare, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Perioperative Medicine, Perioperative, Md, ANES