Emergency Medicine Physician Ruidoso, New Mexico
Great place for the outdoors/sports enthusiast!
Presbyterian Healthcare Services, a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system in New Mexico, is seeking a BE/BC Emergency Medicine trained Physician to join our growing team of exceptional clinicians and staff in Ruidoso, NM.
You’ll Love Practicing Here!
- We are a supportive and well-known organization in New Mexico that has sustained stability and longevity, especially during COVID
- Most recognized healthcare system in New Mexico
- 300 days of sunshine
- Great place for the outdoors/sports enthusiast
- Awards we have received https://www.phs.org/about-us/Pages/awards.aspx
What We’re Offering:
- Join an established, multi-specialty medical group
- A collegial work environment with easy access to well-qualified specialists
- Enjoy all of New Mexico’s beauty and lifestyle
- Nationally competitive salary with relocation allowance available
- Generous time off program (vacation, sick leave, CME, and holiday)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- CME allowance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Exceptional retirement plans - 403b retirement savings program with both matching program and employer contributions
What We’re Seeking:
- Must be BC/BE in Emergency Medicine
- Outstanding patient care qualities, highly motivated with an interest to grow their practice
- Patient-focused and willing to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Ability to obtain a medical license to practice in the state of New Mexico
- Critical Access Hospital located in Ruidoso, NM
- Full-time position requires 1,728 hours per year OR (12) 12 hour shifts per month
- Peak: Thanksgiving-February for ski season and summer months for race season.
- 30-35 patients per day
- Acuity levels- all medicine, limited trauma
- Ortho, hospitalists admit, family medicine for pediatrics
- CMS 5 Star Hospital
- Will consider FP/IM BE/BC Providers
Who we are:
Presbyterian Healthcare Services exists to improve the health of patients, members and the communities we serve. We are a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, we are the state’s largest private employer with nearly 14,000 employees – including more than 1,600 providers and nearly 4,700 nurses.
What the Area Offers:
Nestled between the tall pines and mountain vistas at an elevation of 6,900 feet, Ruidoso is home to Presbyterian Lincoln County Medical Center, which has served the community and surrounding areas since 1950 when the facility first opened as the Ruidoso-Hondo Valley General Hospital.
With a population of nearly 20,000, Lincoln County offers many larger-town amenities in a smaller-community environment, including:
- Five public school districts throughout the area and a branch campus of Eastern New Mexico University that offers associate degree and various certificate programs.
- Many real estate listings for move-in ready homes, including gated communities and country club memberships, as well as developments for building or purchasing land close to town for ranching.
- Many local churches of various religious affiliations.
Things to Do:
- Skiing and snowboarding at Ski Apache on the sacred Sierra Blanca Mountain
- Fishing and other water activities at Grindstone Lake, Mescalero Lake, Alto Lake, and Rio Ruidoso
- Hiking and biking along many tree-lined trails and various outdoor activities
- Golfing at one of the seven public and private courses
- Shopping in the Midtown Shopping District for unique clothing, art, and restaurants
- Attending the horse races at Ruidoso Downs Racetrack
- Seeing a show at Spencer Theater or touring many of the many local art galleries
To learn more about Presbyterian or to apply, contact Soraya at firstname.lastname@example.org
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED/NMHRA. PHS is committed to ensuring a drug-free workplace.