Exciting Physician Leadership Position!
Chair of Emergency Medicine
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (LHMC), part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, is seeking a visionary leader for the Division of Emergency Medicine.
Lahey is one of a few academic multi-specialty clinic model institutions in the country
- Institutional commitment to a Patient-first priority
- Cutting edge, high quality care, coordinated under one roof, for the benefit of our patients
The Division Chair of Emergency Medicine is a unique opportunity for an exceptionally qualified individual to design an Emergency Medicine department of the future.
- Articulate an aspirational vision for the Department that is aligned with the future of Emergency Medicine nationally as well as institutional strategic plans and goals with a priority toward sustained growth.
- In partnership with the Vice President, Executive Director and Business Manager, develop and implement operating and capital budgets for the Department.
- Identify key performance measures for the Department based on strategic objectives.
- Evaluate performance and provide regular feedback to ensure that targets are achieved, including patient access, volumes, demand, patient satisfaction, patient outcomes, provider productivity, and financial outcomes.
- Assess colleague satisfaction; encourage conditions that foster satisfaction and promote changes for improvement when dissatisfaction is indicated.
- Ensure that the work environment is free from sexual harassment and discrimination for reasons of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran s status, or mental or physical disability consistent with the policies developed by LHMC.
- Supports environment for successful training of staff, residents, fellows and students.
- Effectively mentor Department members in pursuit of scholarly activities and professional growth.
Key Division characteristics:
- 27 physicians, 9 Advanced Practice Providers, 4 PharmD, 110 RNs, and 35 medical assistants
- 64,000 patients across two campuses (Burlington and Peabody)
- Level One ACS verified Adult Trauma Center as well as a DNV verified compressive stroke center with an active Neurointerventional team
- 3 cardiac cath laboratories, 3 EP laboratories and full Cardiothoracic surgery support
- Primary affiliate of the Boston University Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- Board Certification in Emergency Medicine
- Eligibility for or current licensure in Massachusetts
- Background consistent with appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor
- Additional business and leadership training is desirable
- At least 10 years of experience as a practicing Emergency Physician
- Leadership experience in a collaborative clinical environment
- A track record in change management, innovation and team building
- Experience in leading quality, safety, educational and research initiatives
Conveniently located, Burlington, Massachusetts is 17 miles north of Boston and a short drive to the mountains, lakes and seaside of New England as well as cultural opportunities of Boston.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to Ellen Haggerty, Physician Recruiter, email@example.com
Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center Department of Hospital Based Specialties is committed to recruiting and supporting residents, fellows, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds that represent the diversity of our patients and community. The Department is additionally committed to ensuring an environment that is inclusive and imbues a sense of belonging for historically excluded people including racial, ethnic and religious minorities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people with disabilities.