We are looking for a skilled Ob/Gyn Physician for Wentzville/Lake St. Louis location who is comfortable providing the full range of obstetric and gynecological services which include routine well woman care, labor and delivery, and hospital-based surgeries to a medically-diverse patient population. Our Wentzville/Lake St. Louis location has two hospitals, SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital and Progress West Hospital, we are able to care for a high volume of patients in the area. In addition, Heartland Women s Healthcare recently built a new facility in Wentzville, with 20 exam rooms, 2 ultrasound rooms, 1 procedure room, and 1 NST room.
- Monitor and treat patients during pregnancy and childbirth, including prenatal advising up to delivery and postnatal care, sometime in collaboration with a midwife
- Conduct follow-ups with patients to monitor and track their condition
- Counsel patients on safe sex practices and preventative medicine practices
- Order and analyze necessary tests, screenings, biopsies, scans, etc. to effectively diagnose a problem
- Direct, advise, and supervise medical staff including nurses, physician assistants, med tech etc. on proper procedures and protocol
- Have a solid record of providing high-quality, routine women s health care, including skill in the diagnosis and treatment of gynecological and obstetrical conditions care, all with a compassionate bedside manner and a professional demeanor
- Participate in on-call coverage of 1 and 4 schedule at the hospital for obstetrical and gynecological urgent and emergency services
- Be comfortable ensuring an adequate patient flow in a busy, outpatient clinic with a mix of scheduled and same-day appointments
- Thrive in a collaborative environment, working seamlessly with other providers and members of the care team
- Demonstrate the willingness and ability to render culturally competent care to a socioeconomically, ethnically, and linguistically diverse patient population
- Continue personal education on current medical practices and innovations by reading medical journals, attending conferences, etc
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- Valid license to practice and board-certified state
- 2+ years practicing medicine in hospital or private practice preferred.
- Proficient at patient charting and knowledgeable in relevant charting computer programs
- Compassionate and personable with exemplary bedside manner
- Sound judgment and expert decision-making abilities
Compensation & Benefits:
Consistent with our belief that our providers are our most valuable resource, Heartland Women s Healthcare of Advantia offers a competitive compensation package, health, dental, vision, and 401k with employer match.
About Heartland Women s Healthcare:
Heartland Women's Healthcare of Advantia provides obstetrics and gynecology throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois with 39 practices and 17 locations throughout southern Illinois and Missouri, with more growth planned! To provide the highest quality of patient care available, Heartland is partnered with Advantia Health.
We provide convenient personalized health care for women in all stages of life. We have a patient support center that is available to patients 7 days a week with extended hours. The support center adds ease to the scheduling process for patients, and provides a clinical resource for patients with a nurse available to discuss any concerns. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. We provide bedside ultrasound at every visit so women can stay connected their entire pregnancy, and offer a free 4D ultrasound with images saved to take home, and offer gender reveal testing.
Please note: Heartland Women s Healthcare of Advantia Health is dedicated to providing unparalleled healthcare to our customers by employing the most highly-qualified individuals. If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation. COVID-19 vaccination is a required condition of employment.
Advantia Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to global diversity: It is a place where good people want to work, and customers want to continue to engage EOE M/F/D/V.