UPMC has an opportunity for a Transplant Nephrologist in the Kidney Transplant Program. Appointment in the Department of Medicine partnering with surgical colleagues in the Starzl Transplantation Institute (STI).
What would I be responsible for/expect in this position?
- Oversight and execution of medical aspects of pre- and post-transplantation care of kidney transplant candidates/recipients and living donors, both inpatient and outpatient. This would include direct involvement in the development of clinical protocols for the management of these patients pre- and post-transplant, and the monitoring of their outcomes.
- Coordination of multidisciplinary care of patients within Starzl Transplantation Institute.
- Active participation in the transplant specific Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) initiatives in accordance with all applicable CMS regulations and UNOS bylaws and policies
- Collaboration with Transplant Administration for a smooth operation of kidney transplant program including development of clinical workflows
- Ample opportunities for teaching and curriculum development for medical and surgical residents and fellows
- Strong mentorship opportunities for transplant related research with renowned clinical and basic science faculty
- Very collegial atmosphere
What would qualify me for the faculty position?
- ABIM board certified in Internal Medicine and in Nephrology
- Licensed to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Possess exceptional clinical knowledge and clinical acumen.
- Commitment to teaching, inpatient and ambulatory patient care
With UPMC, you can take advantage of:
Competitive base salary plus incentive bonus and paid time off
Health, life and disability insurance
Medical malpractice insurance, professional dues and CME allowance
Defined contribution plan; 403b plan with employer match
Why UPMC? Over the last 20 years, UPMC has ushered in a new era of health care excellence in Pittsburgh, western Pennsylvania, and locations around the world. UPMC has evolved from a single psychiatric hospital into a $20 billion integrated global health enterprise closely affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh. UPMC is consistently ranked as one of America s Best Hospitals by U.S. News and World Report.